|Yolanda Gampp Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|July 21, 1977
Yolanda Gampp is a Canadian baker, cake designer, YouTuber, and TV personality who is most well known as the host of the YouTube channel titled How To Cake It which has amassed more than 4.5 million subscribers. The channel revolves around Yolanda creating cakes that look like different objects ranging from candles to Disney princesses. How To Cake It has expanded into selling merchandise and a spin-off YouTube channel titled How To Cake It Step by Step which too has garnered more than 500 k subscribers and again features Yolanda and her detailed baking tutorials. She has a dedicated fanbase on Instagram as well where she has more than 3 million followers.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
After her high school graduation, Yolanda had attended the Culinary Arts program at George Brown College in Toronto.
Baker, Cake Designer, YouTuber, TV Personality
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yolanda has dated –
- David Gampp (2010-Present) – Yolanda and David have a son together named Prince Gampp (b. 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
She is of German descent on her father’s side and Grenadian descent on her mother’s side.
- Shoulder-length, curly hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Yolanda Gampp Facts
- She was inspired by her father who was a baker himself; and as a youngster, she would fulfill customer orders by baking in the family’s small kitchen.
- She then worked at a local bakery shop but decided to quit in 2005 when she felt that she had a large enough client base to start her own business.
- She had participated in Food Network‘s cooking-based reality TV show SugarStars in 2012. However, the show was canceled after one season.
- Connie Contardi and Jocelyn Mercer, production executives from the show, then conceptualized another baking show with Yolanda as the star and pitched it to TV executives who rejected it. The duo then decided to exit TV as a medium and take it to YouTube, and eventually, the show morphed into the channel How To Cake It which began posting videos in February 2015.
- Owing to her popularity, Yolanda has featured as a guest judge on reality TV shows such as Sugar Showdown and Cake Wars.
- She was named in the list of ‘Top Influencers – Food’ by Forbes magazine in 2017 and also won a Webby Award in 2016 in the category ‘Online Film & Video – How-to & DIY (Channel)’.
Featured Image by Yolanda Gampp / Instagram