Jill, TV’s Toughest Trainer
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jillian went to California State University, Northridge in Los Angeles, California.
Personal Trainer, TV personality, writer, businesswoman
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – JoAnn McKarus
- Siblings – Lauren Michaels (Sister), Greg Michaels (Brother)
Michaels is signed with –
- ICM Partners
- Triple 7 Public Relations, LLC
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
115 lbs or 52 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jillian Michaels dated –
- Heidi Rhoades (2008-2018) – In 2008, Jillian started a relationship with Heidi Rhoades. They have 2 children, daughter Lukensia Michaels Rhoades (adopted in May 2012 from Haiti) and another one that Heidi gave birth to, again in May 2012, son Phoenix Michaels Rhoades. They got engaged later. In June 2018, the couple announced about their separation.
Race / Ethnicity
- Athletic body
- Hazel colored eyes
36-24-34 in or 91.5-61-86 cm
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Michaels has been a part of numerous print ads including for the Jillian Michaels Quickstart Weight Loss System (2009), New York Times best-selling book Master Your Metabolism (2009), Jillian Michaels’ Natural Whey Protein (2010), and for So Delicious’ Coconut Milk (2011).
Jillian has also appeared in a TV commercial for JillianMichaels.com (2012).
Jillian believes in God. But, her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Jillian is known for her qualities as a personal fitness trainer. She is also known for appearing in the TV shows The Biggest Loser (2004-Present) and Losing It with Jillian (2010-Present).
Jillian has appeared in short comedy film Kenny Powers: The K-Swiss MFCEO in 2011 with Danny McBride in the lead role as Kenny Powers.
First TV Show
Michaels appeared in Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List in 2005 as herself in an episode “Hot to Tot.”
Personal Trainer / Workout
As a personal trainer, it’s obvious that Jillian seriously looks upon her health and keeping her body in the best shape possible.
Jillian is known for her workout programs and especially for her innovative spirit, that’s why she never stays with only one type of workout for a long period, and instead keep changing her routines regularly.
Her type of workout programs consists of kickboxing, yoga, plyometrics, weight lifting exercises and Pilates. Below, we bring you a workout sample, so you can exercise in a very similar way as Michaels does.
- Lunges – 3 x 1 minutes
- Hollow Body Hold – 3 x 1 minutes
- Knee to Chest Jump – 3 x 1 minutes
- Squats – 3 x 20 reps
- Star Jump – 3 x 10 reps
- Side Lunges – 3 x 30 seconds – side
- Burpees – 3 x 30 seconds
- Knee Push-Ups / Push-Ups – 3 x 10
- Triceps Bench Dips – 3 x 10 – 12
- Band Biceps Curls – 3 x 10
- Band Shoulder Front Raises – 3 x 10
- Band Close Row – 3 x 10
- Band Delt Raises – 3 x 10
- Squats – 3 x 20
- Step – Ups – 3 x 10 per leg
- Glute Bridges – 3 x 15
- Calf Raises – 3 x 20
About Jillian’s diet, we can say that she eats healthy. In order to build such a sexy body, you need to seriously look into your diet. When it comes to women, it’s especially important to know what your body needs and from there, to pick and stick to a well-planed food regime. Building muscle for a female is a way harder process in comparison to a male.
Jillian Michaels Favorite Things
- Snack – Popchips with an organic string cheese, Whey shake with chocolate macro greens
- TV Show – The Universe (2007-Present)
- City – New York
- Food – Chocolate
Source – Shape, Us Magazine
Jillian Michaels Facts
- Although she was born in Los Angeles, Jillian grew up in Santa Monica.
- She described her childhood as frightening, suffering from a sleeping disorder, and even included night terrors.
- Jillian’s parents divorced when she was 12.
- At a young age, Michaels was diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). She also suffers from PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome).
- In school, Jillian was tortured by her classmates.
- While she attended California State University, she worked as a personal trainer and a bartender.
- She briefly worked as an agent for International Creative Management.
- In 2002, Michaels opened Sky Sport & Spa, a sports medicine facility located in Beverly Hills.
- She has two certifications – one of the National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association (NESTA) and another one of The Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA). She is also a certified kettlebell trainer.
- In January 2012, Jillian released a 90-day weight loss program by the name Body Revolution.
- In 2015, she launched a 60-day program by the name BODYSHRED.
- A couple of her books on health and wellness has made it to the New York Times Best Seller list.
- Jillian has been a part of many charities including Stand Up to Cancer, Working Wardrobes, Hope for Haiti, NFL’s Play 60 and Clinton Foundation’s Alliance for a Healthier Generation.
- She is the adviser at National Day of Dance for Heart Health, an organization that focuses on advising the people to start exercising.
- Jillian launched her first active-wear line on August 5, 2014, by the name Impact by Jillian Michaels at KMART. In March 2015, she further expanded her line when she added athletic footwear mainly for women and kids.
- Visit Jillian’s official website @ jillianmichaels.com.
- You can follow Jillian on her official Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.