|Jimmy O. Yang Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jimmy O. Yang is an actor and a stand-up comedian of Chinese origin. He is well known for his character Jian-Yang in the comedy series, Silicon Valley. He has also acted in TV shows and movies like It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Things You Shouldn’t Say Past Midnight, Criminal Minds, Those Who Can’t, Broken, Drunk History, Patriots Day, Life of the Party, Crazy Rich Asians, and The Happytime Murders. Jimmy has over 90k followers on Twitter, more than 150k followers on Facebook, over 150k followers on Instagram, and more than 15 million views on his YouTube channel.
Jimmy O. Yang, Jimmy Ouyang
Hong Kong, China
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jimmy O. Yang graduated with a major in Economics from the University of California, San Diego.
Stand-Up Comedian, Actor, Voice Actor
- Father – He was a businessman.
- Mother – She worked as a manager at a high-end fashion place.
- Siblings – He has a brother.
Jimmy O. Yang is managed by –
- Joel Zadak, Manager, Principato Young Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Valentijn Sloot, Comedy Booking, Super Artists, Santa Monica, California, United States
- Bryan Walsh, Theatrical Agent Don Buchwald & Associates, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears a pair of thick-rimmed glasses
- Wide forehead
- Round face
- Tends to keep neck length hairstyle with a middle parting
Jimmy O. Yang has either endorsed or promoted brands like –
- Melrose Trading Post
- Nintendo of America
Best Known For
- His performance as a stand-up comedian on several platforms. Some of his works can also be viewed on his self-titled YouTube channel.
- His character Jian-Yang in the HBO comedy series, Silicon Valley. Apart from that, he has also appeared in a number of TV series including Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013) as Chinese Teenager #1, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2013) as Tang-See, Things You Shouldn’t Say Past Midnight (2014)as Phil, New Girl (2014) as Steve, Criminal Minds (2014) as Nathan Crow, Battle Creek (2015) as Chang, Those Who Can’t (2016) as James Chen, Broken (2016) as Donny, and Drunk History (2018) as Genghis Khan.
- Appearing in films such as Patriots Day (2016), El Camino Christmas (2017), Juliet, Naked (2018), Life of the Party (2018), Crazy Rich Asians (2018), and The Happytime Murders (2018)
In 2013, he made his theatrical film debut as Wa Zao in the comedy film, The Internship. However, he wasn’t credited for his role.
In 2016, Jimmy made his credited theatrical film debut as Dun Meng in the action crime drama film, Patriots Day.
First TV Show
In 2011, he made his first TV show appearance in the reality series, Storage Hunters. However, he was not credited for his appearance.
In 2012, he made his credited TV show debut as a person in line in the comedy series, 2 Broke Girls.
In 2016, he made his TV show debut as a voice actor by voicing the character Hisashi in the popular animated comedy series, American Dad!
Jimmy O. Yang Favorite Things
- Seafood Restaurant In Los Angeles – Connie & Ted’s
- Thai Food – Uni Fried Rice and Catfish Tamales
Source – Grub Street
Jimmy O. Yang Facts
- He migrated to the United States with his parents when he was 13 years old.
- He has a pug named Toffee.
- While in college, he took an internship at Smith Barney.
- He also did summer jobs at Big 5 Sporting Goods and Chop Suey restaurant.
- After graduation, he worked as a used-car salesman during the day, collected tickets at the Comedy Palace in the evening, and worked as a strip-club DJ at night.
- He had a mentor named Sean Kelly at the comedy club who encouraged him to do stand-up comedy.
- While working in Silicon Valley during seasons 1 and 2, he also worked as an Uber driver.
- He once worked as a writer /consultant for the Harlem Globetrotters.
- He has also worked as a voice artist for the popular video game Infamous Second Son (2014).
- On March 13, 2018, he released an autobiographical book titled How to American: An Immigrant’s Guide to Disappointing Your Parents through Da Capo Press.
- The top 3 things he likes about America are Hip Hop music, movies, and sports.
- His most used apps are Instagram, Lighthouse, and Google Translate.
- Visit his official website @ jimmycomedy.com.
Featured Image by Jimmy O. Yang / Instagram