|JME Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1985|
JME is a British MC, songwriter, record producer, and DJ who is widely recognized as one of the most popular artists in the grime genre of music. He is one of the co-founders of the music group and record label Boy Better Know. Before starting the group, he was a member of the grime collective named Meridian Crew which had also included his older brother, Skepta. JME has released several studio albums and mixtapes during his career; his 3rd studio album titled Integrity> (2015) had peaked at number 12 on the UK charts and was awarded ‘Silver’ certification by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI). Several of his singles including 96 F**Kries (2012), Murking (2012), Banger (2013), If You Don’t Know (2013), Integrity (2013), and Man Don’t Care (2015) have been ‘Top 10’ hits on the UK Independent Singles Chart.
Hackney, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
JME had attended the St. Paul’s School and then the Winchmore School both in Winchmore Hill, London. After his high school graduation, he joined the University of Greenwich in London from where he earned first-class honors in 3D Digital Design.
MC, Songwriter, Record Producer, DJ
- Father – Joseph Adenuga Senior
- Siblings – Julie Adenuga (Younger Sister) (Radio Presenter, DJ), Joseph Junior Adenuga (aka Skepta) (Older Brother) (MC, Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer), Jason Adenuga (Younger Brother)
He is represented by Rebecca Prochnik, Booking Agent, Earth Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Boy Better Know Entertainment
6 ft or 183 cm (Via Twitter)
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
JME has dated –
- Sarah Cavanagh (2009–Present) – JME began dating Sarah Cavanagh in 2009 and after a courtship of more than 7 years, the couple eventually got married on August 12, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Nigerian descent.
- Has a mole on his right cheek
- Sports a thin mustache
- Often appears in a black headcover
- Affable smile
- Wears ear studs
- Dreadlocked hair
- JME, born in the inner London borough of Hackney, was brought up in a council house in Tottenham, North London. Before starting his career in the music industry, he used to earn his livelihood by making mobile phone ringtones.
- In October 2008, at the age of 23, he was selected to headline a show at the London Astoria, becoming one of the very few unsigned artists who earned an opportunity to do so at the historic venue.
- During the year 2019, he had imposed on himself an 11-month hiatus from social media which he broke in November 2019 by announcing the release of his 4th studio album titled Grime MC.
- He is both a vegan and a teetotaler.
- During the 2017 UK general elections, the Labour Party’s leader Jeremy Corbyn had urged JME to appeal to and encourage youngsters to register for voting.
- He has also collaborated regularly with the Sidemen, a 7-member British YouTube collective. He has featured in many of their videos and had participated in their annual charity soccer matches from 2016 to 2018.
Featured Image by JME / Instagram