|Joanie Leeds Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 1978|
|Zodiac Sign||Libra or Scorpio|
Joanie Leeds is an American musician, singer, and songwriter who rose to prominence with her children’s music work. Aside from that, she is also known for her work as the guitarist and vocalist for the band “Joanie Leeds” and the “Nightlights.”
She was born in October 1978.
According to the month of her birth, she is either Libra or Scorpio.
Miami, Florida, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Leeds graduated with a degree in musical theater and drama major from Syracuse University.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter
Leeds is represented by Charles R. Rothschild Productions Inc.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note: Leeds has a daughter named “Baby B”.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- Large central incisors
Through her social media, Joanie has either endorsed or promoted various brands including Sprinkles.
Joanie Leeds Facts
- She was brought up in Miami, Florida.
- Leeds was raised in a Jewish household.
- Joanie was still a child when she began taking vocal lessons.
- Right through high school, she was a part of her school’s choir and also an active participant in musical theater performances.
- She is a self-taught guitarist.
- It was during her senior year of college that she started writing original music and also recorded her debut album titled My Job Application Knows More about Me That You Do in the year 2000. Soon after Joanie graduated, she began working as a children’s music specialist at preschools in New York City. While there, she had also worked as a bartender at the Greenwich Village music club, The Bitter End.
- On January 4, 2007, Joanie joined the YouTube community with her self-titled channel to which she mostly uploads children’s music videos.
- In the past, Joanie founded her very own record label called Limbostar. Besides that, she also has her own publishing company called Zameret Music.
- Amongst the many clubs that Joanie has sung at were The Living Room, CBGB’s Gallery, Arlene’s Grocery, and The Bitter End.
- Since the release of her first album in the year 2000, she has gone on to release several other including Soul From My Footsteps (2003), City Kid (2008), Challah, Challah (2009), I’m a Rock Star (2010), What a Zoo (2011), Bandwagon (2013), Good Egg (2014), Meshugana (2015), Brooklyn Baby! (2017), Sterling (2019) – Joanie & Matt, and All the Ladies (2020).
- In the year 2020, she won the 63rd Grammy Award for “Best Children’s Album” for her album All the Ladies.
Featured Image By Joanie Leeds / Instagram