|João Mário Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 19, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
João Mário is a Portuguese professional footballer who is best known for his career as a midfielder for Primeira Liga club Benfica and the Portugal national team. He has also played for teams like Sporting CP, Vitória Setúbal, Inter Milan, West Ham United, Lokomotiv Moscow in the past. During the course of his career, João has won several tournaments such as Primeira Liga, Taça de Portugal, UEFA European Championship, Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira, Taça da Liga, and many more.
João Mário Naval da Costa Eduardo
João was educated at the Sporting youth academy from where he later graduated. It is good to mention that his older brother Wilson was also a member of the same academy and finished his studies couple years earlier than João.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – João Mario Eduardo
- Siblings – Wilson Eduardo (Older Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
Joao Mario is signed with Sbsfoot.
10 – He wore number 10 for the Portuguese national team.
17 – João wore number 17 during his time with Sporting Lisbon.
6 – Mario wore number 6 while playing for Inter FC.
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Well sculpted muscular body
Mario has been sponsored by Nike.
Best Known For
Being a part of Portuguese national team that won the 2016 UEFA Euro Championship held in France.
First Soccer Match
Joao made his debut for Sporting Lisbon on December 14, 2011 in a UEFA Europa League match against S.S. Lazio. Eventually, Sporting suffered a 0-2 defeat.
On September 11, 2016, Joao Mario debuted for Inter in a Serie A match 2-1 victory over Delfino Pescara 1936.
Mario had his national team debut on October 11, 2014 in a friendly match against France in Paris.
- Long balls
- Athletic abilities
- Aerial duels
Although Mario is recognized as one of the hardest-working players in each and every team he performs in, we couldn’t manage to find some serious information on his training and diet regimes.
Joao Mario Facts
- He played in a total of 77 matches for the youth Portuguese squads of which 7 were for the U-21 team that finished in second place at the UEFA European U-21 Championship in 2015.
- At the age of 11, Joao joined Sporting Clube de Portugal.
- He played his first full season for Sporting Lisbon in the 2012-2013 season.
- On January 8, 2014, Mario was sent on a loan to Vitoria F.C.
- On August 27, 2016, Joao penned a contract with the Italian Serie A team Inter for a price of 40 million euros plus 5 million euros in bonuses.