|Joe Dempsie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1987|
Joe Dempsie is an English actor who rose to fame after playing the character of Chris Miles in the teen drama series, Skins. His other notable performance includes his role as Gendry in the fantasy drama series, Game of Thrones. He has also appeared in a number of other TV shows and movies like Sweet Medicine, Doctor Who, This Is England ’86, New Worlds, One of Us, One for the Road, The Damned United, Monsters: Dark Continent, Dark River, Blitz, Burn Burn Burn, and Been So Long. Joe also enjoys a huge fan base with more than 250k followers on Instagram and over 200k followers on Twitter.
Joseph Maxwell Dempsie
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Joe attended the West Bridgford School and also took acting lessons at Central Junior Television Workshop.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Lauren Dempsie (Sister)
Joe is managed by –
- Troika, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Dempsie has dated –
- Larissa Wilson – It was speculated that Joe dated his Skins co-star, Larissa Wilson. They were spotted together on various occasions leaving the fans to guess about their relationship status.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Chiseled facial features
- Sports a goatee
He did a voiceover for the Clearasil face wash TV commercial.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Chris Miles in the comedy-drama series, Skins, and as Gendry in the fantasy drama series, Game of Thrones
- Playing a variety of characters in a number of TV shows like Peak Practice (2002) as Leon, Doctor Who (2008) as Cline, This Is England ’86 (2010) as Higgy, The Fades (2011) as John, One of Us (2016) as Rob Elliot, and Deep State (2018) as Harry Clarke
- Appearing in a number of movies which include Heartlands (2002) as Craig, One for the Road (2003) as Joyrider, The Damned United (2009) as Duncan McKenzie, Monsters: Dark Continent (2014) as Frankie, Burn Burn Burn (2015) as James, and Been So Long (2018) as Krestel
In 2003, he made his theatrical film debut as Craig in the road-comedy-drama movie, Heartlands. The film was premiered at the Edinburgh International Film Festival in August 2002.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Leon in an episode of the drama series, Peak Practice, in 2000.
He stays fit by working out at the gym on a regular basis.
Joe Dempsie Favorite Things
- Co-Stars – Everyone from Skins
- Line In A Play – “I start browsing hardcore p*rn sites while I look for news on the war. A common theme. Life.”
- Post-Show Haunt – Nando’s
- Film – A Room for Romeo Brass (1999)
Source – WhatsOnStage.com
Joe Dempsie Facts
- Despite having been born in Liverpool, he grew up in West Bridgford in Nottingham.
- He is a big fan of Nottingham Forest Football Club.
- He has also done some radio work which includes BBC Radio 4’s Black Hearts in Battersea and Saturday Night and Sunday Morning.
- His acting idols include Mark Rylance, Michael Sheen, and Paddy Considine.
- Had he not become an actor, he would have been a History teacher.
- He likes to relax by working out and watching the show, Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- If he could swap his life for a day with anyone in the world, he would do it with his co-star Lara Rossi to know what’s it like to work from her perspective.
- Follow Joe Dempsie on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Imanolvillegas / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0