|Joe King Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1980|
Joe King is an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter who is best known as the co-founder of the Denver-based rock band The Fray which came into existence in 2002. He has served as the band’s lead guitarist backing vocalist, and songwriter. Their debut studio album titled How to Save a Life (2005) had peaked at number 1 in Australia, number 2 in New Zealand, number 4 in the UK and Ireland, and number 14 in the United States. The band’s second, self-titled, album (2009) peaked at number 1 in the United States, number 2 in Canada, number 2 in Australia, and number 8 in the UK, and was awarded ‘Platinum’ certification by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America). Their subsequent albums named Scars & Stories (2012) and Helios (2014) had both peaked at number 2 on the US Rock charts. Several of Joe’s singles with the band, such as Over My Head (Cable Car) (2005), How to Save a Life (2006), You Found Me (2008), and Never Say Never (2009) have been Platinum-selling chartbusters.
Joseph Adam King
Colorado, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Joe had studied at the Faith Christian Academy in Arvada, Colorado.
Guitarist, Singer, Songwriter
- Siblings – He has a sister.
- Others – Kevin Accola (Father-in-Law) (Cardiothoracic Surgeon), Carolyn Accola (née Clark) (Mother-in-Law) (Former Environmental Engineer), Kree Thomas Accola (Younger Brother-in-Law)
Pop-Rock, Alternative Rock
Guitar, Vocals, Bass
- Epic Records
- Sony Music Entertainment
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe has dated –
- Julie King (1999–2011) – Joe and Julie got married in 1999 when he was just 19 years old. They have 2 daughters together named Ava King and Elise King. The couple got divorced in 2011, after more than a decade of marriage.
- Candice Accola (2012-2022) – Joe began dating American actress and singer Candice Accola in February 2012 after they met at a Super Bowl event. The couple got engaged in Italy on May 29, 2013, and married on October 18, 2014, in a ceremony in New Orleans, Louisiana. They have 2 daughters together named Florence May King (b. January 15, 2016) and Josephine June King (b. December 1, 2020). The couple separated in May 2022 after almost 7 years of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, wavy hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
Joe King Facts
- Before co-founding The Fray in 2002, Joe had worked as an auto damage appraiser.
- He had learned how to play the piano as a child but later began focusing more on playing the guitar as he wanted to fit in with the ‘cool guys’ in his high school.
- His debut studio album with The Fray, titled How to Save a Life (2005), was awarded ‘Double Platinum’ certification by the RIAA and ‘Platinum’ certification by the ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association), the BPI (British Phonographic Industry), MC (Music Canada), and the RMNZ (Recorded Music NZ).
- He co-wrote and co-produced the song titled Alright With Me which was a part of Kris Allen’s self-titled debut album (2009). Kris had won the 8th edition of American Idol earlier that year.
Featured Image by Joe King / Instagram