|Joe Wilkinson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1975|
Joe Wilkinson is an English comedian, actor, and writer who is best known for his appearances on the British stand-up comedy program/series Live at the Apollo and Live at the Electric. As a solo comedian, he had started touring in 2011 and has supported renowned comedians like Alan Carr and Russell Howard on tour. He is one half of the comedy duo Two Episodes of Mash, alongside fellow actor, comedian, and writer Diane Morgan. Besides, he is also well recognized for his appearances on the comedy panel TV shows 8 Out of 10 Cats (2011-2019), 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (2012-Present), and Have I Got News for You (2013). He has also portrayed characters such as Dan Perkins in the sitcom Him & Her (2010-2013), Norman in the sitcom Miranda (2013-2014), Simon in the sitcom The Cockfields (2019), and Pat in the black-comedy drama TV series After Life (2019-Present).
Joseph Roland Wilkinson
Bromley, London, England, United Kingdom
Brighton, Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Comedian, Actor, Writer
- Father – Brian Wilkinson
- Mother – Stella Wilkinson (née Dunster)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe has dated –
- Petra Exton (2015-Present) – Joe had married a creative photographer and interior decorator named Petra Exton in July 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Stocky frame
- Side-parted, overgrown, wavy hair
- Sports a thick beard
Joe Wilkinson Facts
- He had started his comedy career in his local village pub in 2004 where he used to perform at the open mic evenings. He had first come into the spotlight in 2006 when he had won the ‘Hackney Empire New Act of the Year’, an annual industry showcase that promotes new waves of emerging comedy and variety acts. Around the same time, he had also stood 2nd in So You Think You’re Funny?, an annual stand-up comedy competition for new acts.
- In 2014, he had been featured in a TV commercial for Hellmann’s Mayonnaise with TV presenter and former professional tennis player Sue Barker and actor, TV presenter, and writer Brian Blessed. A year later, he had started voicing ads for Hotels.com.
- In June 2015, he had appeared in a live recording for a comedy act. From the very beginning of the show, he was so drunk that he had to be substituted with a member of the audience when he had left the stage to get himself another glass of wine. The episode was eventually published in August 2017.
- In 2019, he had participated in a special episode of the competitive reality TV show The Great British Bake Off. The episode was produced in support of Stand Up to Cancer, a charitable program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), a non-profit charitable organization that funds more than 300 charitable organizations annually. He had prepared Gherkin-inspired biscuits in the first round and had stood in the first place. He had gone on to win the next 2 rounds as well to take the overall 1st position.
- Joe is an ardent supporter of the professional soccer club Gillingham F.C. that is based in the town of Gillingham, Kent.
Featured Image by Joe Wilkinson / Instagram