|John Terry Quick Info
|6 ft 1½ in
|Date of Birth
|December 7, 1980
John Terry is an English professional football coach and former player who is best known for having served as the captain of the England national team, Chelsea, and Aston Villa in the past. He announced his retirement from playing in October 2018 and later started working as the assistant head coach of Aston Villa. He is considered as one of the best English and Premier League defenders ever and one of the greatest central defenders of his generation. During the course of his career, he has won several tournaments such as Premier League, FA Cup, FA Community Shield, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Champions League, and has been the recipient of honors like Chelsea‘s “Player of the Year”, UEFA Club‘s “Defender of the Year”, PFA‘s “Players’ Player of the Year”, and many more.
John George Terry
JT, Lion, Mad Man, Mr. Chelsea, Terror
Barking, London, England
John Terry went to Eastbury Community School in the East London Borough of Barking & Dagenham. The other notable personalities to attend the same school include former England captain Bobby Moore.
At 11, he started his football education with the West Ham United youth academy, where he was accepted as a midfielder. He continued his football education at Chelsea Academy, which he joined at the age of 14.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Ted Terry
- Mother – Sue Terry
- Siblings – Paul Terry (Older Brother) (Football Player)
He was earlier represented by Aaron Lincoln.
However, after a dispute over representation fees, he hired Elite Management to represent him.
He wears 26 shirt number for his club, Chelsea.
However, for his national team, he used to wear the number 6 shirt before retiring from international football.
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Terry has dated –
- Jayne Connery (1999) – Terry started his short-lived affair with Jayne Connery in 1999. They first met at the Heathrow airport, where Jayne was working on a promotional project for Legoland and Terry had arrived with the Chelsea squad. They exchanged numbers and Terry started regularly visiting her house in Aylesbury, Bucks. A couple of months later their relationship ended, when Jayne received a phone call from Terry’s girlfriend Toni Poole who wanted to know whether Terry was sleeping with her. Jayne was quite shocked by the phone call as Terry had told her that he was single.
- Toni Poole (1999-Present) – Toni Poole and John Terry started dating in 1999. Before they started their relationship, they were childhood friends and their families had known each other for quite a long time. Terry proposed to her in 2003 and Poole became a regular fixture amongst English WAGs. Toni gave birth to twins Georgie John and Summer Rose in Westminster, London on May 18, 2006. Almost a year later, they got married on June 15, 2007, at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire. Although they are still together, their relationship had its own share of troubles as Terry has been accused of cheating on his wife on numerous occasions and he himself has owned up his wandering habits in several interviews.
- Nicola Ulian (2002) – The Chelsea captain dated glamor model Nicola Ulian for five months in September 2002. They met through a mutual friend and a couple of dates later, Terry invited her to his mansion near Leatherhead. Nicola ended up staying at his house for a week and she revealed in an interview that they made love all over the house during that passionate week.
- Rebecca Ryan (2002) – Terry had a passionate romp with the then 18-year-old model Rebecca Ryan in 2002. He brought her into the hotel where he was staying along with her England teammates before a match and is RUMORed to have had s*x six times on the same afternoon.
- Linsey Dawn Mckenzie (2004) – His next fling was with topless model and p*rnographic actress Linsey Dawn Mckenzie in 2004. He was even pictured kissing her by the tabloids.
- Emma Kearney (2004) – Terry had a romp with glamor model Emma Kearney after meeting her at a trendy dance club. Emma told tabloids that Terry groped her while they drank champagne and cocktails at the club. He also begged her to perform sexual acts on him while he drove his Porsche around. Plus, he kicked her out of the hotel immediately after sleeping with her.
- Karina Clarke (2004) – Terry also had a one-night stand with p*rn star Karina Clarke in 2004.
- Lauren Pope (2004-2005) – The English defender’s next fling was with English actress and model Lauren Pope. They started seeing each other in November 2004 and ended their relationship around six months later.
- Lianne Johnson (2005) – Terry met Lianne Johnson in 2005, who was a sports center receptionist at the Faces nightclub in Ilford, Essex. Lianne, who recently had a metal rod inserted in her fractured leg, was impressed when Terry asked him caring questions about her injury and advised massages. He soon asked her that whether she wanted to accompany him to the Brown’s dance club. Once they arrived at the club, he almost carried her to the toilet cubicle for a quick romp.
- Shalimar Wimble (2005) – He started another short-lived fling with model Shalimar Wimble in September 2005. He used his ex-friend and then-teammate Wayne Bridge’s house to have romps with the model. They stopped seeing each other after two months.
- Jenny Barker (2005) – His next fling was with a 17-year-old fan Jenny Barker. He met Barker in November 2005 in a car park as she approached Terry for an autograph. Terry gave her his number and asked her to text him. She did and he sent back a number of flirty texts. Later that evening, he asked her to come to the car park, where he made her perform a s*x act in his Bentley car.
- Alicia Douvall (2006) – Terry met model Alicia Douvall at Movida Club in West London, while his fiancée was pregnant with twins. At the club, Terry brought in another brunette and made out with two girls in the corner of the club. They met a couple of days later at the same club and Terry had s*x with her in the toilet cubicle. After that, they met dozens of times to have s*x. Sometimes they used to have s*x in Terry’s black Range Rover.
- Vanessa Perroncel (2009-2010) – This was the most famous out of several flings and affairs Terry had. It caused a nationwide protest and led to Terry’s removal from the English captaincy. The most hideous thing about this affair was that Vanessa’s husband Wayne Bridge was Terry’s best friend. This affair started after Wayne had moved to Manchester City from Chelsea and his relationship with Vanessa was going through a rough phase. Before he managed to seduce Vanessa, Terry used to visit her claiming that he was trying to support her in getting her relationship with Bridge back on track. It was also rumored that Terry got Vanessa pregnant and later helped her get an abortion.
Race / Ethnicity
- Receding Hairline
When he was England captain, he was earning around 6 million pounds from lucrative deals, including two million dollars from a contract with Umbro. However, his countless off-field controversies led Terry to be dropped off from all his ambassadorial roles.
Later, he made a lot of lost ground and re-inked his contract with Umbro. He has a sponsorship deal with gaming giant Pro Evolution Soccer and appeared on the cover of the UK edition of Pro Evolution Soccer 6.
Also, he has made an appearance in the TV adverts for Swedish betting company Svenska Spel, Nationwide and Samsung.
Best Known For
- His countless affairs and flings
- Being one of the finest English defenders of his generation
- Having served as the captain of Chelsea and England
- Winning several Premier League titles and a Champions League with Chelsea
First Soccer Match
On October 28, 1998, Terry made his debut for Chelsea in a League Cup match against Aston Villa. He was sent in as a late substitute by manager Gianluca Vialli.
John Terry’s first appearance for the national team was against Serbia & Montenegro in a 2-1 win at the Walkers Stadium in Leicester in June 2003. Terry was sent as a substitute at the start of the second half.
- Aerial Prowess
- Reading of game
- Defensive contribution
Due to his age, he has lost speed and stamina.
Goal! III is John Terry’s first movie appearance where he appeared as himself in 2009.
First TV Show
John Terry’s first TV show appearance was in the news sports show On the Ball in 2004 as himself in just one episode.
For the last couple of years, Terry has been working with celebrity trainer Bradley Simmons. In an interview given to The Sports Review, Simmons revealed that Terry’s workout routine is designed to make sure that he doesn’t gain a few pounds while trying to keep his fitness up in his advancing age. Simmons gets him to a lot of boxing and makes him work on battle ropes regularly. Also, special attention is paid to his hamstrings, which have been injured quite a lot lately.
John Terry Favorite Things
- Moment – Chelsea’s Champions League Victory
- Hobby – Fishing
- Manager – Jose Mourinho
Source – The Guardian, AskMen.com, Independent
John Terry Facts
- Terry started his career as a central midfielder at West Ham United Academy.
- However, at Chelsea, there was a shortage of defenders, so he was coached to play as a central defender.
- After completing high school at 16, he signed up for youth training scheme at Chelsea.
- He signed his first professional contract with the club a year after joining youth training scheme at the age of 17.
- While growing up, he was a Manchester United fan and even trained with the youth squad at the club before joining Chelsea at the age of 14.
- In 2000, Chelsea had accepted £750,000 bid made by then Huddersfield manager Steve Bruce. However, 19-year-old Terry was confident that he would make it at Chelsea and refused the transfer.
- He managed to get better of Peter Andre and then-PM Gordon Brown in a poll conducted by Daddies Sauce to win the Dad of the Year award in 2009.
- John Terry could have died in 2007 if not for Arsenal physio Gary Lewin’s quick thinking. In the 2007 Carling Cup final, Abou Diaby accidentally kicked him in the face. Terry lost consciousness and swallowed his tongue.
- He was found guilty of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand during a match. He was banned for 4 matches for the offense and was stripped of England captaincy for the second time.
- Terry and his three Chelsea teammates were fined two week’s wage by the club for shouting profanities and abusing at American tourists at the Heathrow airport bar about 48 hours after World Trade Center terrorist attack.