|Roger Waters Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1943|
Roger Waters is an English songwriter, singer, musician, bassist, record producer, and composer who co-founded the iconic progressive rock band Pink Floyd in 1965. Initially, he served solely as the bassist of the band but later he also became their lyricist, co-lead vocalist, and conceptual leader. With Pink Floyd, Roger Waters has worked on albums like The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Obscured by Clouds, The Wall, Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, A Saucerful of Secrets, Ummagumma, Wish You Were Here, and The Dark Side of the Moon. He left the band in 1985 due to creative differences. As a solo artist, Waters has released albums including The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking, Is This the Life We Really Want?, Radio K.A.O.S., and Amused to Death. He reunited with other members of Pink Floyd – Nick Mason, Richard Wright, and David Gilmour – on July 2, 2005, for the Live 8 concert in London’s Hyde Park. Also, as a member of Pink Floyd, he was inducted into the US Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996 and the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005.
George Roger Waters
Great Bookham, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Roger went to Morley Memorial Junior School in Cambridge and has completed his high school studies at Cambridgeshire High School for Boys.
Later, he attended the University of Westminster.
Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Author, Producer, Musician, Bassist, Record Producer
- Father – Eric Fletcher Waters (School teacher, Communist party member, Lieutenant)
- Mother – Mary (née Whyte)
- Siblings – John D. Waters (Older Brother)
- Others – George Henry Waters (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Elizabeth Fletcher (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Whyte (Maternal Grandfather), Beatrix Louisa Roger (Maternal Grandmother)
Roger Waters has been signed with –
- Mark Fenwick Management, Music Artist Management Company
- Boom Cymru, Music Artist Management Company, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Progressive Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Art Rock, and Blues Rock
Vocals, Bass guitar, and Guitar
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $310 Million in 2020.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Roger Waters has dated –
- Jenny Boyd (1962-1963) – In 1962, he started dating Jenny Boyd, a British former model, the younger sister of 1960s model and photographer Pattie Boyd. However, they parted ways the following year.
- Judy Trim (1969-1975) – Judy Trim was a successful potter. Roger married Judy in 1969. They had no children and divorced in 1975. Later, Judy died in 2001.
- Lady Carolyne Christie (1976-1992) – Carolyne is the niece of the 3rd Marquess of Zetland. Roger married Carolyne in 1976, and together, they have a son Harry Waters (musician) and a daughter India Waters (model). Roger’s son has played with his touring band starting from 2002. The couple divorced in 1992.
- Priscilla Phillips (1993-2001) – Roger married Priscilla in 1993 and they had a son named Jack Fletcher. They got divorced in 2001.
- Laurie Durning (2004-2015) – Laurie Durning is an actress and a filmmaker. Roger and Laurie started dating and got engaged in 2004. They got married on January 14, 2012. They filed for divorce in September 2015.
- Rula Jebreal (2016) – Rula is a famous Palestinian journalist and author. Roger dated Rula for a while in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Roger Waters has English as well as some Scottish ancestry.
Roger had “Dark Brown” hair previously.
But now, they have turned “Leonine White”.
- Wears black clothes more often
- Attractive looks
In June 2007, Roger became the spokesperson for a non-profit organization called “Millennium Promise” which aims at fighting poverty and malaria.
Best Known For
Being a vocalist and rhythm guitarist of the band “Pink Floyd”.
In 1982, Roger has an uncredited role in the animated drama fantasy film Pink Floyd: The Wall. He also wrote the film.
First TV Show
He appeared as himself (Interviewee) in 1966 in the family show The Look of The Week.
In April 1984, Roger released his first solo album The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking.
As a part of the band Pink Floyd, his debut album The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, released in August 1967 in the UK.
Roger does cardio, strength, and flexibility training to stay fit.
Roger Waters Favorite Things
- Football Club – Arsenal
- Food – Tobasco Sauce
Source – Sportskeeda.com, TV Tropes
Roger Waters Facts
- He released his 2nd studio album, Amused to Death, on September 7, 1992, and it was ranked at number #8 on the UK Albums Chart and at number #21 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- In 1996, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- In June 2013, Roger appeared in a video with many other celebrities showing support for Chelsea Manning.
- He was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Waters had the 9th widest vocal range according to vintagevinylnews.com. The list included over 150 singers in a 2014 list.
- “The Wall – Live in Berlin” concert of Waters in 1990 has been one of the largest concerts in history which had an official attendance of 200,000.
Featured Image by Daigo Oliva / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0