|Jonathan Jackson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1982|
Jonathan Jackson is an American actor, musician, and author who has served as the lead vocalist, lyricist, and guitarist of the American indie rock band Enation (2004–Present). He has also acted in several movies and TV series, most notably playing characters such as Lucky Spencer in the daytime soap opera General Hospital (1993-1999, 2009-2011, 2015) and Avery Barkley in the musical drama TV series Nashville (2012–2018). In 2012, under the pen name J. S. Jackson, he had published a book of poetry titled Book of Solace and Madness.
Jonathan Stevens Jackson
Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Jonathan had attended the Meadow Glade Adventist Elementary School in Battle Ground, Clark County, Washington. After temporarily moving to Burbank, California, with his mother in 1993, he had completed his high school graduation there, at the age of just 16.
Actor, Musician, Author
- Father – Rick ‘Ricky Lee’ Jackson (Physician, Musician, Politician)
- Mother – Jeanine Jackson (née Sharp) (Businesswoman, Amateur Ventriloquist)
- Siblings – Richard Lee Jackson (Older Brother) (Actor, Musician; Drummer, Percussionist, and Backup Vocalist for the American Indie Rock band Enation), Candice Erin Jackson (Older Sister) (Lawyer, Author, Civil Administrator)
- Others – Raquel Jackson (née Torres) (Sister-in-Law), Virgil Lee Jackson (Paternal Grandfather), Ella Fay Smith (Paternal Grandmother), John Sharp (Maternal Grandfather), Muriel Lehto (Maternal Grandmother)
Indie rock, Alternative Rock, Post Punk
Guitar, Piano, Vocals
- Hilasterion Records (Independent)
- Loud & Proud Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan has dated –
- Lisa Vultaggio (1999-Present) – Jonathan had started dating Canadian actress Lisa Vultaggio in 1999, soon after they had first met on the sets of the daytime soap opera General Hospital, where she was portraying the character of Hannah Scott. Even though Jonathan is 10 years younger than Lisa and that he was only 20 years old at that time, the couple got married on June 21, 2002. They have 3 children together – a daughter named Adora Jackson (b. July 2005) and 2 sons named Caleb Jackson (b. June 21, 2003) and Titus Gabriel Jackson (b. October 7, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, German, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, distant Dutch, and French descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, neck-length, wavy hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Affable smile
Christianity (Eastern Orthodox)
Jonathan has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Kellogg’s Corn Pops cereal (1993)
- McDonald’s (My Room campaign)
In the late 1990s, he had been featured in print advertisements for the American fashion house Calvin Klein Inc.
Jonathan Jackson Facts
- For his portrayal of Lucky Spencer in General Hospital, he had won 5 Daytime Emmy Awards – 3 in the category of ‘Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series’ (1995, 1998, 1999) and 2 in the category of ‘Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series’ (2011, 2012).
- In November 2014, he had released a book titled The Mystery of Art: Becoming an Artist in the Image of God.
- He and his older brother Richard had founded a production company called Nine On The Breaks.
- Raised as a non-denominational Christian, he and his family were baptized into the Eastern Orthodox Church in 2012.
Featured Image by Jonathan Jackson / Instagram