|Anthony Edwards Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anthony Edwards is an American professional basketball player and actor who played college basketball for the Georgia Bulldogs as well as has played for the Minnesota Timberwolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Anthony DeVante Edwards
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
Anthony Edwards studied at Therrell High School and Holy Spirit Preparatory School. Afterward, he attended the University of Georgia with the intention of majoring in marketing.
When he was in 9th grade, he started training under the guidance of Justin Holland (a former college basketball player for Liberty and an Atlanta-based basketball trainer).
Professional Basketball Player, Actor
- Mother – Yvette (Died from cancer in 2015)
- Siblings – Antoinette (Sister), Antoine (Brother)
- Others – Shirley (Grandmother) (Died from cancer in 2015)
After he was drafted in the 2020 NBA draft, Anthony Edwards signed with an agent.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm (Listed Height)
102 kg or 225 lbs (Listed Weight)
Race / Ethnicity
Anthony Edwards has done endorsement work for brands such as Bose, Sprite, and others.
Anthony Edwards Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
Anthony Edwards Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Atlanta, Georgia.
- It was his father who nicknamed him “Ant-Man” when Anthony was 3 years old.
- Growing up, Anthony Edwards played football at the running back, quarterback, and cornerback positions.
- By the time he was 10 years old, he had played youth football for the Atlanta Vikings and became one of the best Pop Warner running backs in the country.
- After watching his brothers play basketball, he switched to the sport as he “thought it looked more fun”.
- In 2015, both his mother and grandmother Shirley died from cancer during an 8-month span. He was in 8th grade at that time.
- Anthony Edwards decided to wear the No. 5 basketball jersey in high school in order to honor his late mother and grandmother, as they both died on the 5th day of the month.
- During his time at Holy Spirit Preparatory School, he was rated as a consensus five-star recruit and one of the best players in the 2019 class by major recruiting services.
- He emerged as the winner of McDonald’s All-American and USA Today All-USA first-team honors as a senior.
- In the 2020 NBA draft, Anthony Edwards was selected as the No. 1 overall pick by the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- He made his first film appearance by playing the role of the main antagonist named Kermit Wilts (a player and rival to Bo Cruz) in the sports comedy-drama film Hustle in 2022. His co-stars for the project included Adam Sandler, Queen Latifah, Juancho Hernangómez, Ben Foster, Kenny Smith, and Robert Duvall.
- Anthony Edwards was fined $40,000 by the NBA in September 2022 after he posted a video on September 10 in which he called a group of shirtless men “queer”. The following day, he apologized through a post, stating, “What I said was immature, hurtful, and disrespectful, and I’m incredibly sorry.”
- After the elimination of the Minnesota Timberwolves from the NBA’s first round of playoffs on April 26, 2023, it was alleged that he assaulted two female employees with a folding chair at Ball Arena in Denver. Denver police cited him on two counts of third-degree assault, with a punishment of up to 18 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. Subsequently, Edwards’ attorney Harvey Steinberg issued a statement claiming that Edwards neither swing the chair at anyone nor did he intend to hurt anyone and that Edwards intends to defend the charges. It was later reported that the injuries reported by the employees were not serious.
- Edwards has 2 dogs.
Featured Image by Gamecock Central / Flickr / CC BY 2.0