|Jordan Matter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1966|
Jordan Matter is an American photographer and author who came into prominence after releasing his book Dancers Among Us in October 2012 that became a New York Times bestseller. He solidified his fame with several other successful publications including Born To Dance (2018). Jordan has been widely known for his headshot photography, having been featured in many leading magazines and been profiled by various media outlets like the BBC, Today, and NBC. Jordan has amassed more than 7 million subscribers on his eponymous YouTube channel where he has mainly posted dance videos.
New York City, New York, United States
- Father – Alex Matter (Film Director)
- Mother – Paula Feiten (Former Model)
- Others – Herbert Matter (Grandfather) (Photographer & Graphic Designer)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Lauren Boyer – He has been married to veterinarian Lauren Boyer. They have a daughter named Salish and a son named Hudson, the latter of whom has also been a photographer.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Swiss and American descent.
- Sharp nose
- Thin lips
- Wide smile
Jordan Matter Favorite Things
- Inspiration For His Book Dancers Among Us – His son’s imagination at work, extreme enthusiasm, and intensity while he played with his toy bus, observing which it had struck Jordan how we lose the ability to live in the wonderland of fantasy and to be wholly in the moment, as we grow into adulthood, and thereby having become excited himself to create photographs that celebrated the joy of daily life
Source – Resource Mag Online
Jordan Matter Facts
- He used to play baseball in high school and college and had not initially considered pursuing photography as a career. He had craved to become an actor.
- His grandfather had attained fame after he had used photomontage in commercial art during World War II.
- In spite of hailing from a family with a rich legacy in photography, Jordan’s photography career had kickstarted in an unexpected way. He had taken some headshots of one of his model friends and those images had become very popular after which he had begun to get offers from aspiring models who were eager for him to photograph them. Many agents started recommending him to models as well, and Matter ended up embarking on a lucrative career as a photographer.
- Jordan has been noted for his out-of-the-box approach to photography, a rare talent that has made him stand out among professionals in the same field as his. His vision has consisted of viewing things from a different perspective and depicting uncommon tales of common things from our everyday life.
- Jordan has stated that being totally ignorant of the dance world has actually been instrumental in making him a successful dance photographer as he was able to approach his work with a fresh eye, that was not burdened by expectations. He has added that he has regarded himself as a photographer who has used dancers to tell stories.
- Jordan has revealed that he used to spend hours with his grandfather in his darkroom. He has added that Herbert Matter had the trait of perfectionism, that he has surely inherited, as he has found himself to just keep pushing until everyone is out of energy and he is jubilant to have finally achieved his goal.
Featured Image by Jordan Matter / Instagram