|Salish Matter Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 2009|
Salish Matter is an American Instagram star and social media personality who first came into the spotlight after getting featured on her father’s highly popular Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube channels. She also has her own Instagram account, with the username saysaymatter, where she has amassed more than 200k followers.
Nyack, Orangetown, Rockland County, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
As of January 2022, Salish was a middle school student. She had started her middle school classes in September 2021.
Instagram Star, Social Media Personality
- Father – Jordan Matter (Photographer, Author)
- Mother – Lauren Boyer (Veterinarian)
- Siblings – Hudson Matter (Older Brother) (YouTuber, Photographer, Social Media Personality)
- Others – Alex Matter (Paternal Grandfather) (Film Director), Paula Feiten (Paternal Grandmother) (Former Model), Herbert Matter (Paternal Great Grandfather) (Photographer and Graphic Designer)
4 ft 10 in or 147.5 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swiss and American descent.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Cheerful smile
Salish Matter Facts
- Salish’s hobbies include skateboarding, traveling, riding horses, and dancing.
- She was featured on the cover of her father’s book entitled Born to Dance: Celebrating the Wonder of Childhood (2018).
- She had started her personal Instagram account only in June 2020 after defeating her father in a ‘strength challenge’.
- In November 2019, she had defeated her older brother Hudson by a margin of 5-4 in a ‘strength challenge’ video that had included activities such as sit-ups, push-ups, and sprints. 2 years later, in a similar challenge video, she had won with a score of 5-2.
- In January 2021, her family had moved from New York to Los Angeles which meant that she (a level 6 gymnast) had to part ways with her friends with whom she had practiced gymnastics all her life at a facility called Galaxy Gymnastics. Just before the move, her father had planned a surprise get-together with all her friends to cheer her up.
- In March 2021, she was due to get braces on her teeth due to which she would not be able to eat chewy food or her favorite candy. To ease her pain, her father had bought her 10 pounds worth of candy just before her appointment with the dentist. However, her father did not give her all the candy straightaway. He had, instead, planned a 30-minute treasure hunt for her to complete to earn all that candy. After completing the treasure hunt, she had shared some of her hard-earned candy with local kids. The colors of her braces, pink and purple, were chosen by spinning a wheel that had included several other colors that were chosen by the subscribers of her father’s YouTube channel.
- Her paternal great grandfather was one of the pioneers for the use of photomontage in commercial art during World War II.
- An animal lover, she owns a pet dog named Boomer. She had donated the money that she had earned, via a treasure hunt set up by her older brother, on her 10th birthday to a charitable organization that works for the well-being of stray animals.
Featured Image by Salish Matter / Instagram