|José Antonio Reyes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1983|
|Date of Death
||June 1, 2019|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
José Antonio Reyes was a Spanish professional footballer who was best known for his career as a left winger and also as a forward for teams like Sevilla B, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Espanyol, Atlético Madrid, Córdoba, Extremadura, and Xinjiang Tianshan Leopard. During the course of his career, he had won numerous championships such as FA Cup, Premier League, Segunda División, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, La Liga, Taça da Liga, and had received honors like Premier League‘s “Player of the Month”.
José Antonio Reyes Calderón
José Antonio Reyes was born on September 1, 1983.
José passed away at the age of 35 on June 1, 2019, in a car crash in Utrera, Spain.
- Father – Francisco Reyes
- Mother – Mari Calderon
- Siblings – Jesus Reyes (Brother)
Reyes was signed with Doyen Sports.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jose Antonio Reyes dated –
- Reme – In the past, Jose had a fling with Reme.
- Ana Lopez – Reyes was previously in a relationship with Spanish model Ana Lopez. Together they had a son Jose Antonio Reyes Lopez (b. 2008).
- Noelia López – Jose got engaged to Noelia López in 2015 and the couple tied the knot in 2017. They had 2 daughters together named Noelia and Triana. They remained together until his death.
Race / Ethnicity
Jose Antonio Reyes had signed a sponsorship contract with Adidas.
Best Known For
Winning several UEFA Europa League titles, some with Sevilla FC and some with Atletico Madrid.
First Football Match
He first started for Sevilla FC B in a match against Real Zaragoza in the 1999-2000 season.
On February 1, 2004, Reyes debuted for Arsenal in a 2-1 victory against Manchester City.
Jose played his first match for Atletico Madrid in a 3-1 success over S.S. Lazio.
Reyes had his debut for Sevilla FC on January 8, 2012, against Rayo Vallecano.
He first performed for the national team of Spain on September 6, 2003, in a 3-0 friendly victory against Portugal.
- Passing the ball
- Aerial duels
- Holding the ball
Jose Antonio Reyes Facts
- Reyes began his career at the youth team of Sevilla FC at the age of 10. He went through all youth levels with the Los Rojiblancos (The Red and Whites).
- Jose signed his first professional deal with Sevilla FC at the age of 16.
- Reyes shifted to Arsenal after he signed a contract worth somewhere between 10.5 and 17 million British pounds depending up on the success of the English club.
- In 2005, despite Jose lived with his family in England, he stated that the life in England was different than he thought before he transferred to Arsenal.
- Jose was part of a season-long exchange between Real Madrid and Arsenal before the start of 2006-2007 season. His team Arsenal switched him for the Real Madrid’s player Julio Baptista.
- He scored his first goal for Real Madrid in a match against Real Sociedad on September 17, 2006.
- In 2007, after Reyes passed the medical tests at Atletico Madrid, he signed a four-year contract for a price of 12 million euros.
- For the 2008-2009 season, Atletico Madrid sent Reyes on a loan to the Portuguese club S.L. Benfica.
- On January 5, 2012, Reyes again reached an agreement with the first club of his career, Sevilla F.C. Jose then penned a 3 year deal.
- He appeared in the 2006 FIFA World Cup as a part of the Spanish national team.
- He won the 2003-2004 Premier League and the 2004-2005 FA Cup with Arsenal.