|Joseph Garrett Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1990|
Joseph Garrett is a video game commentator, YouTuber, and author known for his YouTube channel stampylonghead, where he has more than 9 million subscribers. He also has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 700k followers on Twitter, and more than 800k followers on Facebook. He is also an author and has released various books like Stampy’s Lovely Book and Stampy Cat: Stick with Stampy!
Joseph Mark Garrett
Stampy, Stamps, Stampylongnose, Stampylonghead, Stampers, Stampy Cat
Portsmouth, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
He lives with his girlfriend in the suburbs of Portsmouth.
After completing his school education, Joseph Garrett enrolled in Solent University to study video and TV production. It was his intention to become a games journalist after his graduation.
Video Game Commentator, Presenter, Actor, Voice Actor, Author
- Father – He assists in the creation of Stampy Cat artwork and merchandise.
- Mother – She serves as a moderator for his social media pages.
- Siblings – Annette aka Netty (Older Sister) (YouTuber and the creator of the channel Netty Plays), Rachel (Older Sister)
Joseph Garrett handles his representation work on his own.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joseph Garrett has dated –
- Bethany Bates (2014-Present) – Joseph is in a relationship with fellow YouTuber Bethany Bates (who later changed their name to Kye Bates and after marriage, the name became Kye Garrett), who is better known as Sqaishey. In July 2018, the couple got engaged and married a year later on July 28, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Curly and messy hairdo
Joseph Garrett has used his strong social media reach to promote several products and brands through his social media activity. He often features various products in his social media posts and updates for the sake of promotion.
Best Known For
- The popularity of his YouTube channel on which he posts videos related to Minecraft games. His channel has more than 9 million subscribers.
- His strong presence on other social networking platforms. He has more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
First TV Show
In 2015, Joseph Garrett made his first TV show appearance in the adventure comedy TV series, Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything.
Joseph Garrett Facts
- He has created the education series Wonder Quest, which was produced in collaboration with Maker Studios. The show is designed in such a way that it can be used in classrooms and focuses on Mathematics and Science concepts.
- Early in his career, he used to create Let’s Play videos, which he had created just for fun. However, after noticing the popularity of his videos with children, he decided to focus on producing videos specifically for children.
- Once his YouTube career took off, he decided to quit his regular job as a barman to focus solely on the creation of content.
- As a part of his deal with Egmont Publishing, he published his first book Stampy’s Lovely Book in October 2015. The book comprised of jokes, activities, games, and facts about Stampy Cat. He followed it up with the release of Stampy Cat: Stick with Stampy! in July 2016. This book used stickers for jokes, games, and activities.
- When he initially started creating his videos, his parents were concerned that their son was wasting his time.
- In 2014, his official channel was ranked by YouTube in the top 10 most-watched YouTube channels in the world.
- When he was starting out as a YouTuber, he was approached by a company called GamesThirst to create content for them. They were impressed by the review he had left about a game called Homefront for them.
- He created his popular stampylonghead YouTube channel in July 2011 and since then, he has gained more than 7 billion views.
Featured Image by Joseph Garrett / Instagram