|Joshua Kimmich Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1995|
Joshua Kimmich is a German professional soccer player who has represented top-flight German clubs RB Leipzig and Bayern Munich as a right-back or as a defensive midfielder. With Bayern Munich, he won the Bundesliga title in the 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, and 2018–19 seasons; the DFL-Supercup in 2016, 2017, and 2018; and the DFB-Pokal in the 2015–16 and 2018–19 seasons. At the international level, he had represented Germany at the Under-17, Under-18, Under-19, and Under-21 tiers winning the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) European Under-19 Championship in 2014, before making his debut for the senior national team in June 2016. He has been a key member of the German squads that reached the semi-final of the UEFA Euro 2016 and won the FIFA Confederations Cup in 2017. He was named the German national team’s ‘Player of the Year’ in 2017.
Joshua Walter Kimmich
Rottweil, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Berthold Kimmich
- Mother – Anja Kimmich
- Siblings – Deborah Kimmich (Sister)
- Others – Walter (Uncle)
- 21, 18, 6 – Germany
- 17 – RB Leipzig
- 32 – Bayern Munich
Defensive Midfielder, Defender (Right-Back)
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joshua has dated –
- Lina Meyer (2013-Present) – Joshua first met Lina Meyer in 2013 when he was playing for RB Leipzig and she was studying law and working part-time at the club’s team store. The duo began dating soon after. When Joshua was transferred to Bayern Munich in 2015, Lina continued to stay in Leipzig and the couple was involved in a long-distance relationship. In 2017, once she finished her studies, she moved to Munich and started living with him. They had their first child together in June 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Joshua Kimmich Facts
- During the 2018–19 season of the Bundesliga, Joshua not only featured in all the 34 matches of the season, but he also played every single minute in each of those games and was not substituted even once. He ended the season with 13 assists, which was the second-highest in the league.
- He made his senior team international debut for Germany on June 21, 2016. As a coincidence, his shirt number in that game was also 21.
- During the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, he was in the German starting XI in all 5 games. He recorded 2 assists as Germany went on to lift the title for the first time in their history.
- For his performances at the club and international level, he has been named in the UEFA European Championship ‘Team of the Tournament’ (2016), the UEFA Champions League ‘Squad of the Season’ (2017–18), and the Bundesliga ‘Team of the Year’ (2018–19).
- Joshua has often stated that the former legendary German central midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has been his role model and inspiration.
Featured Image by Joshua Kimmich / Instagram