|Julia Garner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1994|
Julia Garner is an American actress and model who is best known for having been cast in various films like Electrick Children (2012), We Are What We Are (2013), and Grandma (2015). She is also known for her appearance as Ruth Langmore in the crime-drama series, Ozark. Julia is also a model who has walked the runway for many brands including Balenciaga. She has a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Riverdale neighborhood, The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Julia attended school until mid-year of grade 11. Thereafter, she dropped out and went on to attain a General Education Development certificate. Later, she pursued film learning at the Columbia University.
- Father – Thomas Garner (Artist)
- Mother – Tami Gingold (Therapist, Comedienne, Actress)
- Siblings – Anna Garner (Older Sister) (Writer, Producer, Artist)
- Others – James Parent Garner (Paternal Grandfather), Georgia Ann Trebilcock (Paternal Grandmother), Zeev Gingold (Maternal Grandfather)
Julia is represented by –
- United Talent Agency
- Anonymous Content
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia prefers to keep her love life away from the public eye.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Scottish, Irish, and German ancestry on her father’s side and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Julia has endorsed many brands including Miu Miu.
Best Known For
- Starring in several movies such as Electrick Children (2012), We Are What We Are (2013), and Grandma (2015)
- Having been cast as Ruth Langmore in the Netflix crime series, Ozark
- Walking the ramp for various brands such as Balenciaga
First Fashion Show
Julia made her fashion show debut in the Summer /Spring 2016 Fashion Show by walking the ramp for Balenciaga.
Julia made her theatrical film debut as Sarah in the thriller drama movie, Martha Marcy May Marlene, in 2011.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Kimberly Breland in the mystery crime drama series, The Americans, in 2015.
Julia Garner Favorite Things
- Modeling Shows – Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu
- All-Time Favorite Movie – All About Eve (1950)
- Films – Annie Hall (1977), Rosemary’s Baby (1968), Babel (2006) and The Student Prince in Old Heidelberg (1927)
- Actress – Bette Davis
Julia Garner Facts
- In order to ward off her shy nature, Julia began taking acting classes at the age of 15.
- She was 17 years old when she starred in Sean Durkin’s drama-mystery film, Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011).
- She was also cast in the horror-thriller film, The Last Exorcism Part II (2013).
- Julia hails from a family with artistic talent as her mother was a well-known comic in Israel and her father is an art teacher and painter. Julia’s older sister is also a writer, producer, and artist.
- Two of her major influences are Italian actress Monica Vitti and American actress Bette Davis.
- In 2016, she had to forfeit her debut role in Noah Haidle’s off-Broadway comedy-drama, Smokefall, held at the MCC Theater due to schedule clashes.
- Actress Juno Temple and Garner are close friends.
- Follow Julia Garner on Instagram.
Featured Image by Julia Garner / Instagram