|Julian Kostov Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Julian Kostov is a Bulgarian actor, voice actor, producer, writer, and former professional swimmer. He has played roles like Agent Harwell in 24: Live Another Day, Fedyor Kaminsky in Shadow and Bone, Sergei Basarov in Berlin Station, Timur in A Discovery of Witches, Marcus in Barbarians Rising, Aide in London Has Fallen, Feodor “Bill” Burriy in Another Mother’s Son, Ted Hardesty in Leatherface, and Damon Johnson in Rapid Response Corps 2: Nuclear Threat. As a swimmer, he has earned more than 60 medals, including a bronze medal at the 2007 Balkan Games.
He divides his time between –
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Julian Kostov studied at a Spanish school and then went to the Netherlands to study International Business at Tilburg University.
Then, he transferred to the University of Wales Institute Cardiff (later known as Cardiff Metropolitan University) and finished his education. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Business Studies in 2011. Afterward, he joined the National Youth Theatre.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Writer, Former Professional Swimmer
- Father – Owner of a logistics business
- Mother – She has served as a judge.
- Siblings – Lia Kostova (Younger Sister)
5 ft 10¾ in or 179.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Julian Kostov Facts
- Growing up, he learned English by watching American television.
- Taking inspiration from Heath Ledger‘s performance in The Dark Knight, Julian Kostov decided to pursue acting in the United Kingdom.
- He was a 10-time National Swimming Champion from 2005 to 2009.
- Julian was awarded Varna’s Sportsmen #6 of the Year in both 2007 and 2008 and he also earned the Master of Sport title in Swimming in 2008.
- He was cast as a wounded soldier in the 2016 American epic historical drama film, Ben-Hur, which is the 5th film adaptation of the 1880 novel Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ by Lew Wallace.
- Julian Kostov appeared as Ted Hardesty in the 2017 American horror film, Leatherface, starring Stephen Dorff and Lili Taylor.
- In 2021, he started playing the recurring role of Fedyor, a Heartrender, in the Netflix fantasy drama series, Shadow and Bone.
- He can speak Bulgarian, English, Spanish, and Italian.
- Julian has done voiceover work in video games like The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game, Tom Clancy’s The Division, Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Overkill’s The Walking Dead, and A Way Out.
Featured Image by Julian Kostov / Instagram