|Julie Plec Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 26, 1972|
Julie Plec is an American producer, screenwriter and director who is widely recognized for her work on The CW supernatural teen drama television series The Vampire Diaries (2009–2017) that she had co-created with Kevin Williamson. She had produced, written for and directed it, as well as several other TV shows like Legacies, that started to be aired on The CW in 2018. Julie has also been the producer of numerous notable films including the black comedy Teaching Mrs. Tingle (1999). She has garnered more than 550k followers on Instagram.
Park Forest, Illinois, United States
She went to the Northwestern University, graduating in 1994 with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies.
Producer, Screenwriter, Director
She has been represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
In 2020, her net worth was $50 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
Julie Plec Favorite Things
- Woman Television Producer – Shonda Rhimes who has been her inspiration, with Julie having been blown away by Shonda’s flawlessly cast shows like Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal that have the most magnificent storytelling, cinematography, music and production value, so much so that one of Julie’s goals has ended up being to get Rhimes follow her on Twitter
Source – Entertainment Weekly
Julie Plec Facts
- She has recalled that she had always wanted to work in Hollywood as she was captivated by it. Julie would read magazines like Movieline, Tiger Beat and Bop as a child. She had a deep love for movies, having seen E.T. seven times. She would yell at people who called her when television shows such as L.A. Law were on, thinking that they should know better.
- Julie has found it amusing how she was a film major at Northwestern University, when she transferred out of the film program midway, thinking that it was not a good idea to be a director as she could not write, and producers were only interested in the money, that she could not relate to. The interdepartmental major that she ended up doing made her understand who she really was, and the way she could be the great artistic worker that she dreamed of becoming.
- Julie has pointed out that with multiple programs of hers on the air, she has learned to carefully schedule her prep time as a director, keeping in mind all the producing and show-running. Every year, Plec has had to figure out the best time that she could get away, depending on the shows.
- She has been motivated by reading books, having found it to awaken and energize her own brain, thereby having tried to read at least one or two books every day when she has been on vacation. She has also got ideas by watching other people’s television programs. Plec has enjoyed sitting around, drinking wine, and having five-hour dinners and chat, keenly hearing other people’s stories.
- Julie has got very emotional and nostalgic after completing a season of her show, which has been like growing up with the same group of people and then ultimately saying goodbye. She has attempted to keep her spirits high, believing that there would soon be opportunities to work together again.
Featured Image by Julie Plec / Instagram