|Julie Vu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Julie Vu is a Canadian YouTuber, social media influencer, model, social activist, and beauty pageant contestant who is best known for chronicling her transgender transformation from male to female through her YouTube channel titled PRINCESSJOULES where she has amassed more than 600k subscribers. The courage and dignity with which she has spoken up about the challenges she had faced and the stigma faced by transgender people in general, has made her a cultural icon of sorts in the LGBTQ community. She has developed a strong following on other social media platforms as well with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 20k followers on Twitter. Besides that, she has worked extensively as a model and participated in a few beauty pageants, winning the ‘Miss International Queen Canada’ title in 2019.
Julie Van Vu, Jules, Princess Joules, Mother Sparkles
Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
YouTuber, Social Media Influencer, Model, Social Activist, Beauty Pageant Contestant
- Siblings – Jimmy (Older Brother), Jason (Younger Brother), Jaclyn (Younger Sister), Jasmine (Younger Sister)
- Others – Brandon (Half-Brother), Patrick (Half-Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julie has dated –
- Sagar Anand
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Vietnamese descent.
- Petite frame
- Long, dense, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Heavily made-up face
- Has her left arm and shoulder covered in tattoos
- Has multiple tattoos on her waist, sides, and upper torso
Julie Vu Facts
- She had mentioned in an interview that she had known that she was a transgender person right from her childhood. She would often play with barbie dolls and this had made her male friends shun and ostracize her. Her ‘unusual behavior’, in her own terms, had led to bullying in school and episodes of panic attacks.
- Julie revealed that she would often lie to her friends and relatives mentioning to them that she was gay. She felt that this was much better than trying to explain to them that she felt like a female in a man’s body.
- She began socially transitioning from male to female when she was 19 years old. This had caused immense friction between her and her parents who were highly orthodox and conservative Asian immigrants. Initially, her mother would snatch away from her anything that she felt was ‘too girly’ and would often burn those articles. It took her months to come to terms with the fact that ‘her son’ was no longer a boy.
- Her relationship with her father was even more strained as he did not even talk to her for months on end. She eventually underwent gender reassignment surgery in 2014 in Montreal after a round of physical and mental assessments by psychiatrists, medical professionals, and healthcare experts. She had traveled alone for the operation and had mentioned that she had missed the support of her family during the entire surgical process and rehab phase.
- Julie had briefly starred in the Canadian TV series The Switch, which had been marketed as the first-ever transgender sitcom.
Featured Image by Julie Vu / Instagram