|Eunha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1997|
Jung Eun-bi (Eunha) is a South Korean actress as well as a singer who is best known for being the lead vocalist of the girl group, GFriend, which has been created by Source Music and also includes Sowon, Yerin, Yuju, SinB, and Umji. Eunha started her professional pursuits at a very young age and played the role of Im Su-young on the show, The Clinic for Married Couples: Love and War, when she was only about 10 years old. Later, Eunha trained for a year with Big Hit Entertainment and then became a trainee under Source Music. As a member of GFriend, she has released numerous songs, albums, EPs, and compilations albums which include the likes of LOL, Time for Us, Time for the Moon Night, Fever Season, Snowflake, Rainbow, Season of Glass, The Awakening, Flower Bud, and Sunny Summer. Moreover, Eunha has also won several awards along with her GFriend bandmates which include Gaon Chart Music Awards, Golden Disc Awards, Melon Music Awards, Mnet Asian Music Awards, Seoul Music Awards, Soribada Best K-Music Awards, Japan Gold Disc Award, MTV Europe Music Awards, and Asia Model Award and the group has also accrued a huge social media fan base with more than 4 million followers on Instagram, more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter, more than a million followers on Facebook, and more than 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube. Other than that, Eunha has also branched out as a solo artist and has worked on a couple of projects like Han River at Night, Inferiority Complex, Don’t Come to Farewell, You Look Nice Today, So In Love, Blossom, and Hold Your Hand.
Seoul, South Korea
Eunha went to the School of Performing Arts Seoul, which is located in Gung-dong, Guro-gu, Seoul, South Korea, along with her fellow GFriend groupmates Sowon, Yerin, Yuju, SinB, and Umji. Later, she graduated from the school in the year 2016.
- Siblings – Eunha has an older brother and an older sister.
Eunha is represented by Source Music.
Source Music, King Records Co., Ltd.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Eunha has revealed that her ideal type is someone who has qualities similar to actor Jo Jung-suk and R&B and hip hop singer, Crush.
Race / Ethnicity
Eunha is of South Korean descent.
- Pale skin
- Large eyes
- Often sports forehead bangs
- Round face
As a member of GFriend, Eunha has been a part of a number of commercials for brands such as Pepsi, Hyundai Sonata, and several others.
Best Known For
- Being the lead vocalist of the 6-membered girl group, named GFriend, which also includes Sowon, Yerin, Yuju, SinB, and Umji and has been formed by the entertainment company, Source Music. The group made its debut with the release of the EP, Season of Glass, on January 15, 2015, and has since released a large number of singles, albums, music videos, and EPs such as Time for Us, LOL, Fever Season, Season of Glass, Flower Bud, The Awakening, Me Gustas Tu, Rainbow, Fingertip, Love Whisper, Memoria, Snowflake, Parallel, Rough, Glass Bead, Sunny Summer, Time for the Moon Night, and many others.
- Having been a part of GFriend‘s 3rd EP, Snowflake, which was released on January 25, 2016, and included tracks such as Rough, Snowflake, Someday, Say My Name, Luv Star, and Trust. The EP was ranked at number #2 in the Gaon Album Chart, at number #195 in the Oricon Albums Chart, and at number #10 in the U.S. Billboard Chart. One of the tracks, titled “Rough”, became particularly popular winning Gaon Chart Music Award in the “Song of the Year (January)” category, Golden Disc Award in the “Digital Bonsang” category, Melon Music Award in the “Best Dance (Female)” category, and Mnet Asian Music Award in the “Best Dance Performance – Female Group” category as well as getting ranked at number #3 in YouTube’s top 10 “Most Viewed K-Pop Videos Around the World in January 2016” and at number #2 in the top 10 “K-pop MVs most beloved by South Koreans in 2016”. Rough also accomplished the feat of becoming the most downloaded song in 2016 according to Gaon Chart’s 2016 Year End Download Chart.
- The 6th EP, Time for the Moon Night, which was released on April 30, 2018, by the girl group GFriend and which peaked at number #1 in the Gaon Album Chart, at number #63 in the Oricon Albums Chart, and at number #6 in the U.S. Billboard Chart. It comprised of songs like Time for the Moon Night, Love Bug, Bye, Flower Garden, Tik Tik, and You Are My Star and also won a Melon Music Award in the “Best Music Video” category. Additionally, it was nominated for a Gaon Chart Music Award in the “Song of the Year (April)” category, Golden Disc Award in the “Digital Daesang” category, and Soompi Award in the “Music Video of the Year” category. In 2018, the EP’s track, “Time for the Moon Night”, also became the first song of the year to win all the prizes in musical programs.
- Releasing GFriend‘s 7th EP, Fever Season, on July 1, 2019, which was ranked at number #1 in the Gaon Album Chart, at number #73 in the Oricon Albums Chart, and at number #10 in the U.S. Billboard Chart
- Having won a large number of awards, as a member of GFriend, which include Gaon Chart Music Awards, Golden Disc Awards (GDA), Melon Music Awards (MMA), Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), Seoul Music Awards (SMA), Soribada Best K-Music Awards (SOBA), The Fact Music Awards, Japan Gold Disc Award, MTV Europe Music Awards, MBC Show Champion Awards, 13th Annual Soompi Award, Asia Model Award, and numerous others
- The immense global popularity of the girl group GFriend as it has gained a huge fan base on social media with more than 4 million followers on Instagram, more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter, more than a million followers on Facebook, and more than 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube
As a member of GFriend, she released her first studio album, LOL, on July 11, 2016, via Source Music and LOEN Entertainment and it consisted of songs such as Fall in Love, Navillera, LOL, Water Flower, Mermaid, Distance, Gone with the Wind, Compass, and Click. Moreover, it was ranked at number #3 in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart and at number #7 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart and was also nominated for a Golden Disc Award in the “Disk Daesang” category in 2017 as well as a Soompi Award in the “Album of the Year” category the same year.
As a solo artist, Eunha has been a part of multiple tracks such as Han River at Night by Pro C, Inferiority Complex by Park Kyung, Firefly (alongside Hwang Chi-yeul), Chemistry by MC Mong, Hold Your Hand (alongside Chunji), and Blossom (alongside Ravi). Also, her debut solo track, Don’t Come to Farewell, was recorded for the soundtrack of the TV drama series, Six Flying Dragons.
First TV Show
Eunha made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of Im Su-young in the TV family drama series, The Clinic for Married Couples: Love and War (also known as Husbands and Wives: Love or War) in the year 2007.
Eunha stays fit by working out on a regular basis alongside her other GFriend group mates and the members often post their gym pictures and workout videos on Instagram as well.
- At the age of 7, she was diagnosed with Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH) which is rare cancer involving clonal proliferation of Langerhans cells. Fortunately, as the disease was diagnosed on time, she underwent the required treatment and continued to have regular blood tests until she was in the 6th grade of primary school. The disease was cured permanently with no possibility of recurrence.
- Her nickname ‘Eunha’ means galaxy.
- Before becoming a part of Source Music, Eunha trained for a year under Big Hit Entertainment.
- She was only around 10 years old when she was cast in the TV drama series, The Clinic for Married Couples: Love and War.
- She was nicknamed ‘Circle’ by her GFriend bandmates due to the round shape of her face.
- Eunha has been friends with her GFriend bandmate, SinB, since their childhood years and the two also share the same first name i.e. ‘Eun-bi’.
- She also appeared as a featured artist in the song Han River at Night by Pro C as it was released on October 21, 2015.
- She had trained with Source Music only for around 2 months when she was chosen as a member of the girl group, GFriend.
- YouTube ranked the music video for the song, Glass Bead, from the EP titled Season of Glass at the 9th spot in the top 10 “Most Viewed K-Pop Videos Around the World in January 2015” list. Soon after, on January 28, 2015, the girl group was named as one of the “Top 5 K-Pop Artists to Watch in 2015”.
- GFriend‘s fame skyrocketed when it was nominated as the only girl group in the 2015 MTV Europe Music Awards in the “Best Korean Act” category alongside boy groups such as B1A4, BTS, Got7, and VIXX.
- As Park Kyung’s single Inferiority Complex was released on May 25, 2016, Eunha appeared on it as a featured artist. Also, the song was ranked at number #3 in the Gaon Digital Chart and was nominated for Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) for categories such as “Best Collaboration” and “Song of the Year” as well as Golden Disc Award (GDA) in the “Digital Bonsang” category.
- In 2016, she appeared as “Herself” in the MBC MBig TV web drama series, Oh My God! Tip, along with Park Kyung from the boy band, Block B.
- GFriend‘s first-ever fan meet, named “Dear Buddy”, was organized in April 2017.
- Eunha has also appeared on the singing competition show, King of Masked Singer.
- Whenever she gets some time, she loves cooking, especially mixed noodles. She also loves to watch cooking shows.
- According to the GFriend members, she is the noisiest person in the group followed by SinB.
- In 2015, GFriend‘s another track, Me Gustas Tu, was released and while the group was performing in one of the promotional events for the song, the members fell on the stage several times owing to the slippery floor. This brought much attention their way and their video of that particular show also became viral in September 2015 and GFriend members were highly praised for their professionalism. During the incident, Yuju even twisted one of her fingers and fell on stage for around 8 times.
- She has credited singer, songwriter, and actress, IU, as her role model.
- According to Sowon, Eunha used to remain very quiet and never talked much during their training days.
- As a member of GFriend, she has made appearances in a number of shows such as GFriend! Look After Our Dog, Mamamoo x GFriend Showtime, GFriend Summer Vacation in Okinawa, GFriend Loves Europe, One Fine Day, GFriend – Where R U Going?!, and The Friends in Adriatic Sea.
- Eunha has been a huge fan of the Twilight movies.
- Follow GFriend on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Spotify, iTunes, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Jung Duo / Tistory.com / CC BY 4.0