|Jürgen Klopp Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1967|
Jürgen Norbert Klopp
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Jürgen Klopp started his soccer education at the TuS Ergenzingen. He continued his education at the youth academy of 1. FC Pforzheim. In his teens, he moved around football academies of three Frankfurt based clubs, Eintracht Frankfurt II, Viktoria Sindlingen and Rot-Weiss Frankfurt.
He graduated from Goethe University of Frankfurt in 1995 with a diploma in sports science.
Professional soccer manager, former professional soccer player
- Father – Norbert Klopp (Traveling salesman and Amateur Goalkeeper)
- Mother – Elisabeth Klopp
- Siblings – Stefanie Klopp (Older Sister), Isolde Reich (Older Sister)
Jürgen Klopp is represented by Mark Kosicke.
He wore No. 4 for 1. FSV Mainz 05.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
91 kg or 201 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jürgen Klopp has dated
- Sabine Klopp – Klopp met his first wife Sabine while he was a professional player at Mainz 05. They split shortly after the marriage and he started his managerial career in 2001. During the course of their marriage, Sabine gave birth to a son, Marc.
- Ulla Sandrock (2005-Present) – Klopp met his second wife Ulla Sandrock at the Oktoberfest festival while he was the manager at Mainz 05 and she was working as a waitress at the local club. What he found endearing about her was that she wasn’t a football fan and had no idea who he was. They got married in December 2005. She has a son, Dennis from the previous marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German descent.
Blue with a hint of green
- Tall and imposing body
- Charismatic smile
- Wears spectacles
- Blue-Green eyes
Jürgen Klopp has starred in TV adverts for the following –
- Nivea Men
- Volksbanken-Raiffeisenbanken (Cooperative Banking Group)
- Bet Victor
- Philips Electronics
- Warsteiner beer
Best Known For
- Leading Borussia Dortmund to the UEFA Champions League final.
- Being one of the leading exponents of the high octane pressing style of soccer.
- Being the manager of the English giants, Liverpool FC.
First Soccer Match Managed
On February 28, 2001, Klopp made his managerial debut for Mainz 05 against MSV Duisburg in a 1-0 home win.
On August 16, 2008, Klopp made his Bundesliga debut in the Borussia Dortmund dugout in a 3-2 away win.
He made his English Premier League debut in a goalless away draw against Tottenham Hotspurs on October 17, 2015.
- Attacking precision
- Attacking movement
- Speed of play
- Man management
- Tactical adaptability
- No backup plan
Klopp first appeared in the 2012 documentary Juergen Klopp – Die Seele des Meisters as himself.
First TV Show
From 2004 to 2005, Jurgen appeared in several episodes of the sports talk show Sportschau.
Jürgen Klopp Favorite Things
- Music Bands – The Beatles, Genesis, Kiss
- Soccer Player – Diego Maradona
- Alcoholic Beverage – Beer
Source – HITC Sports, Give me Sport
Jürgen Klopp Facts
- In 2008, Klopp became the first manager in the history of Mainz 05 to manage a team for over 270 matches. He managed to win 109 matches out of those.
- In 2012, Klopp became the second manager in this history of Borussia Dortmund after Ottmar Hitzfeld to win back to back German league championships.
- For leading Dortmund to two consecutive German titles (2011 and 2012), he was declared the “German Football Manager of the Year” after a poll conducted by the German journalists.
- In May 2012, he created the history by leading Borussia Dortmund to the first ever domestic double (German league and cup) in the club history.
- He started his career as a technically limited striker before the management team at Mainz 05 converted him to a hard-working defender.
- In October 2015, he signed a three-year deal to replace Brendan Rodgers as the head manager of Liverpool soccer club.
- He has served as the spearhead of Germany’s anti-racism campaign Respekt! Kein Platz für Rassismus, which in English translates to Respect! No space for racism.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.