|Jürgen Klopp Quick Info
|6 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|June 16, 1967
Jürgen Klopp is a German professional football manager and former player who has served as the manager of the Premier League club Liverpool. Widely regarded as one of the best managers in the world, he was appointed manager of Liverpool in 2015 and has guided the club to the UEFA Champions League finals in 2018 and 2022 as well as winning the trophy in 2019 to secure his 1st title in the competition. He won the FIFA Coach of the Year awards in 2019 and 2020. He was previously the manager of Borussia Dortmund and guided the club to a runner-up finish in the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League before leaving in 2015.
Jürgen Norbert Klopp
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Jürgen Klopp started his soccer education at the TuS Ergenzingen. He continued his education at the youth academy of 1. FC Pforzheim. In his teens, he moved around the football academies of three Frankfurt based clubs, Eintracht Frankfurt II, Viktoria Sindlingen, and Rot-Weiss Frankfurt.
He graduated from Goethe University of Frankfurt in 1995 with a diploma in sports science.
Professional soccer manager, former professional soccer player
- Father – Norbert Klopp (Traveling salesman and Amateur Goalkeeper)
- Mother – Elisabeth Klopp (Died in 2021)
- Siblings – Stefanie Klopp (Older Sister), Isolde Reich (Older Sister)
Jürgen Klopp is represented by Mark Kosicke.
He wore No. 4 for 1. FSV Mainz 05.
His net worth has been $50 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
91 kg or 201 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jürgen Klopp has dated
- Sabine Klopp – Klopp met his first wife Sabine while he was a professional player at Mainz 05. They split shortly after the marriage and he started his managerial career in 2001. During the course of their marriage, Sabine gave birth to a son, Marc.
- Ulla Sandrock (2005-Present) – Klopp met his second wife Ulla Sandrock at the Oktoberfest festival while he was the manager at Mainz 05 and she was working as a waitress at the local club. What he found endearing about her was that she wasn’t a football fan and had no idea who he was. They got married in December 2005. She has a son, Dennis from the previous marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German descent.
Blue with a hint of green
- Tall and imposing body
- Charismatic smile
- Wears spectacles
- Blue-Green eyes
Jürgen Klopp has starred in TV adverts for the following –
- Nivea Men
- Volksbanken-Raiffeisenbanken (Cooperative Banking Group)
- Bet Victor
- Philips Electronics
- Warsteiner beer
Best Known For
- Leading Borussia Dortmund to the UEFA Champions League final
- Being one of the leading exponents of the high-octane pressing style of soccer
- Being the manager of the English giants, Liverpool FC
First Soccer Match Managed
On February 28, 2001, Klopp made his managerial debut for Mainz 05 against MSV Duisburg in a 1-0 home win.
On August 16, 2008, Klopp made his Bundesliga debut in the Borussia Dortmund dugout in a 3-2 away win.
He made his English Premier League debut in a goalless away draw against Tottenham Hotspurs on October 17, 2015.
- Attacking precision
- Attacking movement
- Speed of play
- Man management
- Tactical adaptability
- No backup plan
Klopp first appeared in the 2012 documentary Juergen Klopp – Die Seele des Meisters as himself.
First TV Show
From 2004 to 2005, Jurgen appeared in several episodes of the sports talk show Sportschau.
Jürgen Klopp Favorite Things
- Music Bands – The Beatles, Genesis, Kiss
- Soccer Player – Diego Maradona
- Alcoholic Beverage – Beer
Source – HITC Sports, Give me Sport
Jürgen Klopp Facts
- In 2008, Klopp became the first manager in the history of Mainz 05 to manage a team for over 270 matches. He managed to win 109 matches out of those.
- In 2012, Klopp became the second manager in the history of Borussia Dortmund after Ottmar Hitzfeld to win back-to-back German league championships.
- For leading Dortmund to two consecutive German titles (2011 and 2012), he was declared the “German Football Manager of the Year” after a poll conducted by German journalists.
- In May 2012, he created history by leading Borussia Dortmund to the first-ever domestic double (German league and cup) in the club’s history. He later left the club as their longest-serving manager.
- He started his career as a technically limited striker before the management team at Mainz 05 converted him into a hard-working defender.
- In October 2015, he signed a three-year deal to replace Brendan Rodgers as the head manager of Liverpool soccer club.
- He has served as the spearhead of Germany’s anti-racism campaign Respekt! Kein Platz für Rassismus, which in English translates to Respect! No space for racism.
- His main influences include Italian former professional football coach Arrigo Sacchi and former Mainz coach Wolfgang Frank.
- He has been friends with fellow manager David Wagner and has described their relationship as “In 1991 someone stuck us in a room together and that was the beginning of a life-long friendship!”. Wagner also served as Klopp’s best man at his 2005 wedding.
- His mother passed away in 2021 and he was unable to attend her funeral in Germany due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- Politically, he considers himself to be left-wing and once told journalist Raphael Honigstein: “I’m on the left, of course. More left than middle. I believe in the welfare state. I’m not privately insured. I would never vote for a party because they promised to lower the top tax rate. My political understanding is this: if I am doing well, I want others to do well, too. If there’s something I will never do in my life it is vote for the right.”
- He doesn’t have any social media accounts.