|Alexander Bublik Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1997|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Alexander Bublik is a Kazakhstani professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 30 in singles in February 2022 and world number 47 in doubles in November 2021, as per the official ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, he had reached the 3rd round of the 2019 US Open, the 2021 Wimbledon Championships, and the 2022 Wimbledon Championships. As of September 2022, he has won a solitary singles title on the ATP Tour – the 2022 Open Sud de France (ATP 250). At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, he had reached the final of the 2021 French Open and the semi-final of the 2020 Australian Open. Representing Kazakhstan, he won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2018 Jakarta Asian Games in the men’s doubles event.
Alexander Stanislavovich Bublik
Gatchina, Gatchinsky District, Leningrad Oblast, Russia
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Stanislav Bublik
- Mother – Natalia Bublik
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alexander has a son named Vasily (b. August 2022) from an unnamed relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Often sports a beard
- Cheerful smile
- Has his right hand covered in tattoos
Alexander has been sponsored by –
- Yonex Co., Ltd. (Japanese sports equipment manufacturing company)
- YOXOI (Italian sports apparel brand)
Alexander Bublik Favorite Things
- Tennis Shot – Serve
- Tennis Surface – Hard
- Tennis Tournament/Event – Monte-Carlo Masters (ATP Tour Masters 1000)
- City on the ATP Tour – Miami
- Sports – Tennis, Table Tennis, Basketball
- Basketball Player – LeBron James
- Movie – Molly’s Game (2017)
- Actor – Will Smith
- Musician – Eminem
- Fictional Comic Book Character – Deadshot
- Food – Salmon
- Subject in School – History
Source – ATP Tour
Alexander Bublik Facts
- Alexander started playing tennis when he was about 4 years old. His father used to coach him in his developmental years.
- Born in Gatchina, Russia, he represented his country of birth until November 2016 when he announced that he would switch citizenship to Kazakhstan after receiving tremendous support from the Kazakhstan Tennis Federation, support that he alleged that the Russian Tennis Federation never really provided him.
- In February 2022, he won his first singles title on the ATP Tour – the 2022 Open Sud de France (ATP 250). In the final of the tournament, he upset top seed and then world number 3 Alexander Zverev in straight sets. This was his first career win over a player ranked in the ‘Top 5’ of the official ATP singles rankings. The title had helped him reach a new career-high singles world ranking of 30.
- The aforementioned title also broke a losing streak in the final matches of singles tournaments for Alexander. He had previously reached the final of 4 singles events on the ATP Tour (Hall of Fame Open in July 2019, Chengdu Open in September 2019, Antalya Open in January 2021, and Singapore Open in February 2021) and lost each of those matches.
- He is renowned for his powerful serve and led the 2021 season of the ATP Tour (a worldwide top-tier tennis tour for men organized by the Association of Tennis Professionals) in terms of the number of aces served.
- He had stated in an interview that if not for his successful tennis career, he would have played basketball because his godfather is a basketball coach.
- His guilty pleasure is partying.
Featured Image by Alexander Bublik / Instagram