|Kalyani Priyadarshan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2¼ in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kalyani Priyadarshan is an Indian actress, art director, and production designer who is prominently known for her silver screen appearances in Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam language films. The aspiring actress is thought to be quite a promising talent in the South Indian film industry. Over a short period of time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram, more than 300k followers on Twitter, and more than 300k followers on Facebook.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Kalyani studied at the Lady Andal Venkatasubba Rao Matriculation Higher Secondary School before moving to Singapore to study there.
Thereafter, Kalyani enrolled at Parsons School of Design in New York City and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in architecture design.
She also attended an acting workshop at the Adishakti Theatre, Pondicherry.
Actress, Art Director, Production Designer
- Father – Priyadarshan (Filmmaker, Producer, Screenwriter)
- Mother – Lissy Lakshmi (Actress)
- Siblings – Siddharth Priyadarshan (Younger Brother)
5 ft 2¼ in or 158 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kalyani has dated –
- Pranav Mohanlal – Rumor
- According to sources, Kalyani once stated that she was dating someone other than Pranav and intended on tying the knot with him.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick eyebrows
- Prominent eyes
- Thick and long hair
- Petite physique
Through her social media, Kalyani has either endorsed or promoted various brands and designers including Sneha Arora, SILQ, Label Nimbus, H&M, and Mishru.
Kalyani Priyadarshan Facts
- She was raised in Chennai, Tamil Nadu alongside her brother.
- Kalyani was born in a prominent family who had already been recognized for the contribution to the film industry for over a decade.
- Her father Priyadarshan is a distinguished director, producer, and screenwriter whereas her mother, Lissy is a former actress.
- Kalyani’s parents were married for quite a long time before they decided to legally part their ways in 2014.
- She is an architect by profession.
- While studying in Singapore, Kalyani worked with various theatre groups. Upon her return from New York, she trained at the Adishakti Theatre in Pondicherry.
- She started her career in the film industry as an assistant production designer under the guidance of Sabu Cyril for the Bollywood hit film Krrish 3 (2013) starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Hrithik Roshan in the lead. She grew up admiring Sabu’s work.
- In 2016, she worked on her first film Iru Mugan (2016) as an assistant art director.
- She made her debut as an actress in the film Hello in 2017 for which she received a lot of positive feedback. Starring alongside her was rising actor Akhil Akkineni. Kalyani also received the Filmfare Award for “Best Female Debut – South” and a SIIMA Award for “Best Debut Actress.”
- During an interview in 2019, Kalyani stated that she did not prefer to work for her father as she felt would feel nervous.
- Initially, she did not want to appear in front of the camera as she considers herself to be a sensitive person. Also, her family also did not believe that she could act.
- She is very fond of animals especially dogs. Kalyani also has a pet dog of her own.
Featured Image By Kalyani Priyadarshan / Instagram