|Shereen Pimentel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
Shereen Pimentel is an American actress and singer who came into prominence after debuting on Broadway at the tender age of 9 in 2009 as Young Nala in the musical The Lion King based on the 1994 Walt Disney Animation Studios‘ movie of the same name. She went on to appear in numerous other plays including the 2020 Broadway revival of West Side Story where she portrayed the iconic role of the leading lady Maria, receiving acclaim for her phenomenal performance as an Outer Critics Circle honoree for “Best Actress in a Musical”. Shereen has provided the soundtracks for various TV shows such as the one for the Netflix comedy special John Mulaney & the Sack Lunch Bunch (2019) titled Do Flowers Exist at Night? having starred as a guest on it as well. She has also been featured in a number of music videos like Harmonize Against Hunger (2020) and has been noted to be a promising young vocal artist.
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
She started attending the pre-college program at the Juilliard School in New York City when she was in her sophomore year of high school. She went on to graduate from there in 2020, acquiring a Bachelors’s degree in Vocal Performance.
Actress, Singer, Dancer
She has been represented by CGF Talent Agency.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and Black)
She is of Puerto Rican and Jamaican descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Tatoo on her right thigh
- Shapely lips
- Expressive eyes
Shereen Pimentel Favorite Things
- Movie – A Walk to Remember, having been a self-proclaimed hopeless romantic
- Interest – Astrology, having enjoyed knowing that she has Scorpio rising and Aquarius moon
- Passion – Preparing jam having wanted to make some for the whole cast she has been working with
Source – Just Jared
Shereen Pimentel Facts
- She was brought up in Teaneck in New Jersey.
- She has recalled that she began to dance at the age of 3 when her family put her in dance classes and she started to sing when she was 8 years old.
- Shereen was on her dance team in high school for 2 years.
- She has disclosed that she learned to ride a bicycle when she was 18 years old. She had spent 6 weeks in Germany one summer where the only way to get around was by the two-wheeler, which had made her aunt and uncle teach her how to do so, in a local parking garage.
- Shereen has affirmed that it has meant a lot to play Maria having found the strong-willed and determined character’s story very exciting to tell. She has found it particularly fun to portray her because of the fact that the star-crossed lover always knows exactly what she wants. Shereen has relished being able to be the woman of color who has essayed Maria and thereby show women who are Hispanic that they never have to look a certain way to represent who they truly are.
- Shereen has been extremely allergic to cats yet has found them to be adorable.
Featured Image by Shereen Pimentel / Instagram