|Topher Grace Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1978|
Topher Grace is an American actor, theatre artist, producer, and voiceover artist known for having been cast as Eric Forman in That ’70s Show, Alex in The Beauty Inside, Tom in Home Economics, Dr. Peter Jahrling in The Hot Zone, Milton Bradley in Drunk History, David Duke in BlacKkKlansman, Eddie Brock/Venom in Spider-Man 3, Pete Monash in Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!, Jared Griffin in The Big Wedding, Edwin in Predators, Carter Duryea in In Good Company, Matt Little in War Machine, Pastor Jason Noble in Breakthrough, Matt Franklin in Take Me Home Tonight, Getty in Interstellar, Tom in Delirium, and Agent Adrian Yates in American Ultra.
Christopher John Grace
Topher, To, Toph
New York City, New York, United States
Topher graduated from Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire in 1996. He went to a boarding school for 5 years.
He later attended the University of Southern California and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He dropped out of college to do his first acting role.
Grace also went to Los Angeles’s Groundlings Improvisation School.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – John Grace (Madison Avenue executive)
- Mother – Patricia Grace (Assistant to the schoolmaster of the New Canaan Country School)
- Siblings – Jennifer Grace (Sister)
- Others – Walter Kenneth Grace (Paternal Grandfather), Muriel Cecile Hess (Paternal Grandmother), Walter Joseph McCabe (Maternal Grandfather), Helen E. O’Leary (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed with –
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners
- Lighthouse Management and Media, Inc., Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
71 kg or 156½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Topher Grace has dated –
- Laura Prepon (1998-1999) – Grace dated actress Laura Prepon from 1998 to 1999.
- Anne Hathaway (1999-2001) – Topher started dating actress Hathaway in 1999. They continued dating each other until 2001. The duo also filmed a romantic comedy film Valentine’s Day in 2010.
- Ginnifer Goodwin (2002) – In 2002, Topher and Ginnifer worked on the 2003 movie Mona Lisa Smile and eventually they were romantically linked to each other.
- Emmy Rossum (2005-2007) – Topher started dating actress Rossum in 2005 and kept dating her for more than a year. The duo kept their relationship private. However, they were spotted “canoodling” on more than one occasion.
- Ivanka Trump (2006) – Grace was RUMORed to be dating a businesswoman, and former model, Ivanka Trump in November 2006.
- Teresa Palmer (2007-2011) – Australian actress Teresa Palmer and Topher dated ON and OFF from 2007 to 2011. After dating for a year, she separated from him in 2008. The actress was eager to start a family with Topher and for that reason, she also took him to Adelaide, Australia so that he could meet her parents. The two of these got back together in 2009 and then dated until 2011. In 2011, they separated forever.
- Minka Kelly (2008) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with actress and model Minka Kelly in May 2008.
- Vanessa Lachey (2009) – In May 2009, the film stars were RUMORed to have had a fling, when they were seen getting cozy in a party thrown by Seth MacFarlane. Neither of the parties ever accepted the relationship.
- Katie Cassidy (2009) – Topher didn’t date actress Cassidy officially, but had a couple of dinner dates in October of 2009.
- Camilla Belle (2010) – The actors dated briefly in August 2010, when they spent an afternoon together at the Brentwood Country Mart.
- Skyler Shaye (2012-2013) – For a couple of months from October 2012 to 2013, Topher dated actress Skyler Shaye.
- Ashley Hinshaw (2014-Present) – In January 2014, Grace started dating actress and model Ashley Hinshaw and the couple got engaged in January 2015. She is about 10 years his junior. They married on May 29, 2016, near Santa Barbara, California and it was confirmed on August 1, 2017, that they were expecting their first child together. On November 1, 2017, they welcomed their daughter Mabel Jane Grace and later, on January 5, 2020, it was confirmed that they were expecting their second child together. In April 2021, the couple revealed that they had welcomed their 2nd child during the quarantine in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Topher Grace is of Irish, English, and Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Quick wit
- Wiry frame
- Deadpan delivery
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 9.
He has appeared in Crestor, Pizza Hut, Old Navy, and many other commercials.
Best Known For
- Playing Eddie Brock / Venom in the 2007 film Spider-Man 3, as Pete Monash in the 2004 film Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
- He is also known for his role as Eric Forman in the That ’70s Show from 1998 to 2006.
Grace appeared in the 2000 crime drama film Traffic for his role as Seth Abrahams. He also won two awards for his performance.
First TV Show
From 1998 to 2006, Topher appeared in Fox’s That ’70s Show for his main role as Eric Forman.
Topher Grace Favorite Things
- Movies – Out of Sight (1998), Schizopolis (1996)
- Cereal – Golden Grahams mixed with Cheerios
- All-Time Favorite Show – The Daily Show
Topher Grace Facts
- Topher was born in New York but raised in Darien, Connecticut.
- Topher knows actress Kate Bosworth, producer Nathaniel Bryan, and actress Chloë Sevigny.
- Chloe Sevigny has also served as his babysitter sometimes.
- He uses his name as “Topher” instead of “Chris” or “Christopher”.
- Grace supports a microfinance organization, FINCA International.
- He has a border terrier dog named Max.
- He likes to collect baseball caps.
- He appears to be ambidextrous.
- Topher frequently wears a watch on his right wrist.
- He is the nephew of Susan Grace.
- Topher acted, co-produced, and co-wrote the 2011 film Take Me Home Tonight.
- In December 2020, it was revealed that Topher would be returning to television after a 15-year break since his last appearance in That ’70s Show in ABC’s comedy series, Home Economics.
- Some of his friends include Laura Prepon, Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis, and Wilmer Valderrama.
- As a kid, he wanted to be an Imagineer at Disney World. That was his dream job.
- He gave his first audition on That ’70s Show.
- Till adulthood, he has never broken a bone.
- He had attended his first concert at Guns N’ Roses at the Hartford Civic Center in Connecticut.
- In 2008, he got a chance to give his voice to the character of Donny on The Simpsons for which he was honored.
- Film editing is his hobby.
- He was once chosen as a jury member in a murder trial. However, he removed himself from there after the defendant recognized him.
- In order to play David Duke in a biopic BlacKkKlansman (2018), he had to prove himself to the director-producer Spike Lee by making a tape.
- Every year, he and his wife Ashley host the CASA gala to support youth in the Los Angeles foster system.
- He has done just 1 professional play Lonely, I’m Not by Paul Weitz. It helped him learn a lot of things related to acting.
- During COVID-19 lockdpown/quarantine, she binge watched Breaking Bad.
- According to him, he is the worst cook in the world.
- For the 2014 movie Interstellar, Topher wasn’t aware that Jessica Chastain was going to kiss him in the last scene. The reaction he gave was a natural reaction.
- As a teenager, he worked at a Suncoast Motion Picture Company. He thought he would be able to watch movies all the time, but it didn’t happen.
- He had taken ballroom dancing classes with Julia Roberts for the 2003 movie Mona Lisa Smile.