|Kane (Glenn Jacobs) Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1967|
|Spouse||Crystal Maurisa Goins|
Kane is an American professional wrestler. He is best known for his work with WWE, where he is well recognized by his ring name, Kane. He is also the Mayor of Knox County, Tennessee, United States. He has participated in numerous championships like the World Tag Team Championship, ECW Championship, and Intercontinental Champion. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 7 million followers on Facebook.
Glenn Thomas Jacobs
Angus King, Bruiser Mastino, Christmas Creature, Diesel, Doomsday, Isaac Yankem, DDS, Kane, Mike Unabomb, Unabomb
Torrejon De Ardoz, Spain
Glenn attended high school in Bowling Green, Missouri. Later, he earned a degree in English literature at Northeast Missouri State University, now known as Truman State University.
Wrestler, Actor, Businessman, Politician
Glenn is represented by Jacobs Insurance Associates, LLC.
7 ft or 213.5 cm
147 kg or 324 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Glenn has dated –
- Crystal Maurisa Goins (1995-Present) – Kane got married to Crystal Maurisa Goins on August 23, 1995, and the couple is proud parents to 2 daughters.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often used to wear a mask during his fights
- Tall height
Glenn did advertisement work for the following –
- WWF Smackdown Video Game (2000)
- WWE No Mercy (2000)
Best Known For
- Being an American professional wrestler for WWE, where he is well recognized by his ring name, Kane
- Being the Mayor of Knox County, Tennessee, United States
He made his theatrical film debut in the Australian-American slasher film See No Evil as Jacob Goodnight in 2006.
First TV Show
Glenn made his first TV show appearance in WWF Action Zone as Dr. Isaac Yankem D.D.S in 1994.
Apart from the broadcast of his wrestling matches, he made his TV show debut in 2002 as ‘Himself’ on Weakest Link.
As per an interview in 2018, Glenn revealed that he works 5 or 6 days a week. He tries to work out in the morning especially at 6:00 a.m. As a professional wrestler, he used to work out heavily in the past but now his main aim is to just keep himself in shape. For that, he does cardio for 30-45 minutes and then works out on a specific body part or muscle group that he changes weekly.
Glenn Jacobs Facts
- Although he is an American, he was born in Spain as he comes from a United States Air Force background and so his family was stationed in Spain at the time of his birth.
- During his school time, Kane was inclined towards sports and was an outstanding football and basketball player.
- He owned a gym called Family Fitness in Sevierville, Tennessee, the United States in the past and wrestlers such as The Undertaker used to work out there.
- He made his debut in the ring in 1992 in the St. Louis, Missouri area with the CSWA and initially took the stage name, Angus King. The CSWA was owned and run by one of his childhood friends named Mark Morton.
- Shortly after, he began wrestling as Doomsday, and would also appear as the Christmas Creature in the United States Wrestling Association (USWA) and as Unabomb in Smoky Mountain Wrestling (SMW), where he was with Al Snow in a team called The Dynamic Duo for which they also won SMW Tag Team Championship.
- In the USWA, Kane also won the USWA Heavyweight Championship as Doomsday.
- Kane worked for Pro Wrestling Fujiwara Gumi under his real name Glenn Thomas Jacobs.
- He lost his only match for World Championship Wrestling (WCW) as Bruiser Mastino to Sting in 1993.
- Kane (as Doomsday) also wrestled in the World Wrestling Council (WWC) in Puerto Rico in the years 1994 and 1995 against Invader #1.
- He (as Unabomb) lost the match against World Wrestling Federation (WWF) wrestler The Undertaker at an SMW show in August 1995.
- Glenn contended in his first World Wrestling Federation (WWF) session as Mike Unabomb at the Raw taping on February 20, 1995, where he crushed Reno Riggins in a dim match. He wrestled irregularly as Unabomb throughout August.
- After all the matches, his TV show debut came on June 26, 1995, in an episode of Raw where he appeared as Isaac Yankem, DDS, Jerry Lawler‘s private dentist, in a vignette. As a man of a massive height and weight, Yankem was portrayed as a monstrous figure hired by Jerry for the purpose of getting rid of his longtime nemesis, Bret Hart.
- On August 15, 1995, Glenn’s character Isaac Yankem made his in-ring debut at a Superstars taping where he was defeated by Bret Hart.
- A series of matches followed including the one in the SummerSlam event, where Yankem was disqualified for hanging Hart by twisting him in the top and middle ropes by his neck. He also lost a steel cage match against Bret in the main event of the October 16, 1995 episode of Raw and a tag team match where he was teamed up with Lawler against Hart and Hakushi, on November 6, 1995.
- He was also seen losing in an elimination match at the Survivor Series of 1995 and also took part in the 1996 Royal Rumble match in January and Yankem’s character suffered a lot of losses in this time to the great WWF stars such as The Undertaker, Jake Roberts, Marc Mero, and The Ultimate Warrior.
- Glenn’s character Yankem was merely used on a series of live events in Kuwait and South Africa in May and September respectively after which the character retired.
- He has won a total of 9 WWF/E Tag Team/World Tag Team Championships that include 2 with Mankind, 2 with X-Pac, 2 with The Undertaker, and once each with The Hurricane, Rob Van Dam, and Big Show.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
What was his diet in 2001?