|Kaniehtiio Horn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1986|
Kaniehtiio Horn is a Canadian actress who has acted in several films, short films, TV movies, and TV series, and is best known for her work in films such as The Trotsky (2009), Leslie, My Name Is Evil (2009), The Wild Hunt (2009), and Mohawk (2017). She is also well recognized for playing Monica Bellow in the sitcom 18 to Life (2010-2011), Destiny Rumancek in the horror web TV series Hemlock Grove (2013-2015), Gina in the dystopian alternate history TV series The Man in the High Castle (2016-2018), and Tanis in the sitcom Letterkenny (2016-Present).
Kahnawake Mohawk Territory, Quebec, Canada
She splits her time between Kahnawake Mohawk Territory, Quebec, Canada, and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Kaniehtiio, after her high school graduation, had joined the Dawson College in Quebec. She had graduated from there in 2005 with a degree in theatre arts.
- Father – He is a lawyer and an academician.
- Mother – Kahn-Tineta Horn (Political Activist, Former Civil Servant, Former Model)
- Siblings – Waneek Horn-Miller (Older Sister) (Sports Broadcaster, Former Water Polo Player, First Mohawk female athlete from Canada to compete in the Olympic Games), Kahente Horn-Miller (Older Sister), Ojistah Horn (Older Sister) (Doctor). She has 3 other older sisters.
- Others – Keith Morgan (Brother-in-Law) (Retired Judoka), Robert John Fraser Batt (Paternal Grandfather), Jessie Amelia Harding (Paternal Grandmother), Assenaientor/Joe Horn (Maternal Grandfather), Konwenni/Margaret Diabo (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kaniehtiio has dated –
- Bradley LaRocque (2019–2020) – Rumor
In June 2020, she had posted on Instagram that she was due to deliver a baby in November 2020 but had not revealed the name of the father.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Mohawk Iroquois descent on her mother’s side; and Scottish, German, and English descent on her father’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Kaniehtiio Horn Facts
- Her name, Kaniehtiio, translates to ‘beautiful snow’.
- She had always wanted to be an actor from a young age but had shifted her focus towards swimming and water polo as a teenager, following in the footsteps of her older sister Waneek Horn-Miller.
- Kaniehtiio, her mother Kahn-Tineta, and her older sister Waneek had inadvertently become symbolic figures of the 1990 Oka Crisis, a land dispute between Mohawk people and the town of Oka, Quebec. Kaniehtiio was 4 years old at that time and a picture of her being held by Waneek, who had been stabbed in the chest by a soldier’s bayonet, was published on the front pages of newspapers worldwide.
- Her first major acting role, after she graduated from Dawson College in 2005, was in the 2006 TV mini-series Indian Summer: The Oka Crisis which depicted the events of the standoff where Kaniehtiio was physically present 16 years ago.
- In 2018, she had started a podcast titled Coffee With My Ma to share the experiences, adventures, and hardships of her mother Kahn-Tineta Horn who has spent most of her life leading civil movements, as an activist, for the rights and issues of indigenous people and Native American groups/tribes in Canada.
Featured Image by Kaniehtiio Horn / Instagram