|Kasun Rajitha Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1993|
Kasun Rajitha is a Sri Lankan professional cricketer who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as a frontline pace bowler. In the Sri Lankan domestic circuit, he has played for the Badureliya Sports Club (2017-Present), Colombo, Kandy, and Galle across all 3 formats. At the franchise level, Kasun has turned out for Dambulla Viiking (2020), Kandy Warriors (2021), and Colombo Stars (2022) in the LPL (Lanka Premier League).
Chandrasekara Arachchilage Kasun Rajitha
Matara, Southern Province, Sri Lanka
Kasun had attended St. Servatius’ College, a boys’ school located in his hometown of Matara.
- Others – Felix Perera (Father-in-Law)
- 65 – One Day International (ODI), Colombo Stars (LPL)
- 65, 55 – T20 International (T20I)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kasun has dated –
- Chamaththi Perera (2022-Present) – Kasun married Chamaththi Perera in November 2022 in a ceremony held at the Hilton Colombo Residences, a five-star luxury hotel located in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Sri Lankan descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a beard
Kasun Rajitha Facts
- Kasun first came into the spotlight in March 2018 when he was the leading wicket-taker for Kandy (with 10 dismissals in just 2 matches) during the 2017-18 season of the Super Four Provincial Tournament, a first-class regional domestic cricket tournament that featured 4 teams based on the cricketing Centers of Excellence in Sri Lanka. It was the first time since 2013 that this type of tournament had been played in Sri Lanka.
- In August 2018, he was the leading wicket-taker in the 2018 edition of the SLC (Sri Lanka Cricket, the governing body for cricket in the country) T20 League, a regional 4-team domestic T20 cricket tournament. Representing Galle, he finished with 13 dismissals in just 6 matches.
- Kasun made a massive impact on his T20I (and international) debut for Sri Lanka, against India, in February 2016. He took out 2 Indian top-order batsmen in his very first over and India was eventually bundled out for just 101 runs.
- Sri Lanka won that match comfortably to take a 1-0 lead in the 3-match away bilateral series. For his spell of 3/29, he was named the ‘Player of the Match’ as well. The victory also helped Sri Lanka regain the number-one spot in the official ICC (International Cricket Council) T20I rankings.
- In March 2019, in an ODI match against South Africa, Kasun and Isuru Udana put together the then-highest partnership for the 10th wicket for Sri Lanka (58 runs) in an ODI match. As of January 2023, this record was intact. Incredibly, Kasun had not scored a single run in that partnership, finishing that innings unbeaten and without scoring.
- In October 2019, in a T20I match against Australia, he conceded 75 runs from his quota of 4 overs. These were the then-most expensive bowling figures in a T20I match. As of January 2023, the record was intact.
- In the 2022 edition of the LPL (Lanka Premier League), Kasun was the highest wicket-taker for the Colombo Stars (13 wickets in 8 matches) and the 3rd-highest wicket-taker overall in the tournament. In a league stage match of the tournament, he picked up a 5-wicket haul (5/22) to bundle out the Dambulla Aura for just 89 runs. The Colombo Stars won that match by 9 wickets and Kasun was named the ‘Player of the Match’ for his stellar performance.
- As the Colombo Stars won just 3 out of their 8 matches in the league stage, the aforementioned win played a decisive role in the team’s advancement to the playoff stage of the tournament. In ‘Qualifier 2’, the penultimate match of the tournament, Kasun produced another sensational spell (4/20) to help the Colombo Stars win the match by 6 wickets and qualify for the final of the tournament for the first time. He was named the ‘Player of the Match’ once again.
Featured Image by Kasun Rajitha / Instagram