|Kate Beahan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1974|
Kate Beahan is an Australian film actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Sister Willow Woodward in The Wicker Man, Alicia ‘Albee’ Barrett in Love Is a Four Letter Word, Miranda Nickleby in Mistresses, Diane Sawyer in Law & Order True Crime, and Pinky in Goldstone. She has also appeared in several other TV shows and films such as Strange Planet, The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course, One of Our Own, Burning Man, The Report, Home and Away, Water Rats, Seconds to Spare, Boston Legal, Franklin & Bash, Lucifer, Hawaii Five-0, and many more.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Kate did her studies at the University of Western Australia.
Actress, Assistant director, and Pilates instructor
- Father – Michael Beahan (Senator of the Australian Labor Party from 1987-1996)
- Mother – Margaret Beahan
- Siblings – Daniel Beahan (Older Brother)
Kate is managed by Principal Entertainment, Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, USA.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Beahan has dated –
- Ben Mendelsohn (2010) – Kate was rumored to be in a relationship with Australian actor Ben Mendelsohn after she joined him on the red carpet at the 2010 USA Australia Week Black Tie Gala.
Race / Ethnicity
Kate is of Irish descent.
- Strong jawline
- Beautiful Lips
When she was working as a model, she appeared in many TV commercials.
Best Known For
- Her work as Sister Willow Woodward in the remake, The Wicker Man (2006).
- Being cast alongside Jodie Foster, Sean Bean, and Peter Sarsgaard as Stephanie in Flightplan (2005).
- Being the daughter of former Senator from Western Australia, Michael Beahan.
She made her theatrical film debut as Poppy in the 1999 romantic comedy Strange Planet.
First TV Show
In 1993, she made her TV show debut in Ship to Shore.
Kate believes in maintaining a healthy body and mind. After her neck injury, Kate took up Pilates and eventually started teaching Pilates too.
Kate believes that Pilates can bring about positives changes to one’s body if they commit to it. For Kate, Pilates has had the best tremendous effect in nurturing the body.
Kate Beahan Facts
- In 2000, she got her first major cinematic role as Tanya, the brothel keeper, in Chopper, a biopic about the notorious, psychotically violent Aussie criminal Mark “Chopper” Read.
- Her television credits include Water Rats, Young Lions, After the Deluge and Love is a Four-Letter Word.
- She initially auditioned for a different role in The Wicker Man but was later cast as Willow.
- Casting agents listed her as “exotic” and she often found herself auditioning against actresses such as Eva Mendes.
- Kate teaches Pilates classes at the Pilates Place, Santa Monica, California, USA.
- She is not active on any of the social media sites.