|Kate Gosselin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1975|
Kate Gosselin is an American TV personality and author, largely thanks to her massive family consisting of sextuplets and twins. The first notable recognition began back in September of 2005 with Discovery Health’s show Surviving Sextuplets and Twins, as well as Surviving Sextuplets and Twins: One Year Later in 2006. Their popularity took a turn for the better in April 2007 when their show Jon & Kate Plus 8 aired. After two seasons on Discovery Health, the show continued on The Learning Channel (TLC).
Katie Irene Kreider
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Wernersville, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Kate is is a former registered nurse. She completed a full program at the Reading Hospital and Medical Center in Reading, Pennsylvania.
TV Personality, Author, Former Nurse
- Father – Kenton Kreider
- Mother – Charlene Kreider
- Siblings – Christen Largent (Sister), Kendra Wilber (Older Sister), Clairissa Kreider Mertz (Sister), Kevin Kreider (Brother)
Kate Gosselin is managed by Media Motion International (MMI) in the USA.
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate has dated –
- Jonathan (Jon) Gosselin (1997-2009) – Their dating life started in October 1997, when they met at a picnic. It didn’t take long for them to get married on 12th of June, 1999. Kate and Jon’s marriage resulted first in twins Madelyn “Mady” Katelyn and Cara Nicole, born on October 8, 2000. Then, four years later, on May 10, 2004, sextuplets were born – daughters Alexis Faith, Hannah Joy, Leah Hope, as well as three sons Joel Kevin, Aaden Jonathan, and Collin Thomas. Unfortunately, after a lot of controversies and even the intervention of the police at times, the couple officially got divorced on December 16, 2009. Kate received the custody of children and the family home to help them have a pleasant childhood.
- Steve Neild (2007-2014) – Even though the divorce wasn’t finalized until 2009, it was rumored that Kate had been dating her personal bodyguard Steve for years. Steve was married at the time and ultimately went back to his wife, Gina. It has been confirmed by an undisclosed source that Kate and Steve are no longer in touch after he resigned from the position in 2014.
- Jeff Prescott (2014-2015) – It is unknown exactly how Jeff and Kate met, but they dated for a little less than a year. He is a well-known American businessman, and they ultimately called it quits back in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Kate has Scottish, English, and German roots.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She prefers to dye her hair in different colors such as Blonde and many others.
- Green eyes
- Pearly white teeth
She is the author and promoter of multiple books such as –
- Eight Little Faces
- Multiple Blessings: Surviving to Thriving with Twins and Sextuplets (2008) along with her ex-husband, Jon Gosselin and Beth Carson
- I Just Want you to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith and Family (2010)
- Love is in the Mix cookbook
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
Best Known For
A TV reality show with her ex-husband, Jon Gosselin, named Jon & Kate Plus 8 (2007-2009)
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as herself in a documentary Home Delivery on NBC, while their home in Wyomissing was being renovated. In 2005, a special Surviving Sextuplets and Twins aired on Discovery Health, which was more prominent.
It seems that two pregnancies haven’t left a mark on her body because her stomach is flat and toned. That’s largely due to a tummy tuck surgery she had in 2006. Even with that, it is obvious that Kate takes pride in her appearance, and keeps it rock-hard with core, glutes, and thighs workout.
She claimed her diet isn’t too restrictive but consists of healthy foods such as cereals, peanut butter, salads, cottage cheese, almonds, and egg omelets. She doesn’t have a personal trainer, but definitely knows a lot about nutrition already, which resulted in her being very fit.
Kate Gosselin Favorite Things
- Movie – Dirty Dancing (1987)
- Food – Mix of different cereal brands for breakfast
- Physical Activity – Running
- Music – Rihanna, Pink, Enrique Iglesias
Kate Gosselin Facts
- A TV show Kate Plus 8 that follows her and her kids’ lives started airing in 2010, about a year after the divorce from her husband. She was a producer in 13 out of 57 episodes, but it couldn’t pick up a lot of positive reviews.
- There have been only 13 sets of sextuplets in the USA, which means Kate is a part of a rare statistics.
- Her sister, Kendra, has disclosed that they aren’t on the best terms as Kate’s lifestyle doesn’t sit well with her own.
- She was 29 when she gave birth to her sextuplets, and 25 when she got pregnant with the twins Mady and Cara.
- Kate actually had problems getting pregnant due to a polycystic ovary syndrome, and both pregnancies are a result of fertility treatments. Additionally, the birth of both twins and sextuplets was premature – 5 weeks and 10 weeks, respectively.
- In her book – I Just Want You to Know, Kate Gosselin revealed that there was a 7th embryo in the womb, but it didn’t develop.
- Reportedly, Kate and Jon received around $250,000 per episode of the show Jon & Kate Plus 8 (2007) that brought them fame.
- Kate and her parents, Charlene and Kenton Kreider, were estranged and rarely showed up in the show. It is rumored that they didn’t agree with how Kate and Jon raised their children.
- She has a bird named Zorro that her children love.
- Kate has 3 dogs at home. She constantly shares funny and emotional social media posts about them. They’re named Nanuq, Mak, and Shoka.
- It was announced in April of 2018, that Kate Gosselin will star in a TV reality dating show called Kate Plus Date, where she would try to find love after unsuccessful relationships and a divorce from her husband in 2009. Jon doesn’t allow his kids to be featured on the show and doesn’t think Kate would find love.
- Her husband has gotten custody of two of the sextuplets in 2018, specifically Hannah and Collin, while four others – Aaden, Joel, Alexis, and Leah live with Kate. The twins, Cara and Mady, also live with their mother.
- Kate took part in a plethora of TV reality shows such as Dancing With The Stars, The Bachelorette, Celebrity Wife Swap, and others.
- 2 out of 3 non-fiction books she has written ended up at the 5th place of The New York Times Best Sellers list. Those are Multiple Blessings, published in November 2008, and Eight Little Faces, published in April 2009.
- Visit her official website @ www.kateplusmy8.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and see what she has to say on Twitter.
Featured Image by Getty Images / Flickr / CC BY-2.0