|Kate Ritchie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1978|
Kate Ritchie is a talented actress and radio personality renowned in the Australian media. Her big breakthrough was being cast on the TV series, Home and Away, on which she appeared for around 20 years. She was once a participant in the musical reality TV show, It Takes Two. Kate Ritchie has also campaigned for brands like QV Skincare and Jockey underwear. She is popular on social media and has a huge fan following of over 400k followers on Instagram and more than 350k followers on Facebook.
Katherine Leigh Ritchie
Goulburn, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Kate Ritchie completed her studies from Campbelltown North Public School, Campbelltown and Hurlstone Agricultural High School, Glenfield, in New South Wales.
Actress, Radio Personality, TV Host
- Father – Steve Ritchie
- Mother – Heather Ritchie
- Siblings – Rebecca Ritchie (Younger Sister), Stuart Ritchie (Younger Brother), Susan Ritchie (Younger Sister)
Kate Ritchie is managed by Morrissey Management, Talent Management Group, Rosebery, New South Wales, Australia.
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Ritchie has dated –
- Stuart Webb (2008-Present) – In 2008, Kate began her relationship with the professional rugby player, Stuart Webb. As their love grew deeper, they got engaged on September 9, 2009. After a year of engagement, Kate and Stuart had a countryside outdoor wedding ceremony at Quamby Estate in Tasmania on September 25, 2010. They are blessed with a daughter named Mae Webb (born August 17, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often dyes her hair in shades of ‘blonde’.
- Squared jawline
- High forehead
Kate Ritchie has either endorsed or promoted various brands on her social media like –
- Annette Makeup
- Penguin Kids Australia
- Gran Meliá Hotels & Resorts
- Don Ferrante
- Masseria Trapanà
- LEE MATHEWS
- Bennelong Restaurant
- Tan Temple
- Quamby Estate, Tasmania
- Ford Australia
- Melissa Harris Fine Jewellery
- The Change Angels
- So Good Australia
She has also served different roles for various brands which include –
- Appearing on Weight Watchers commercial (2007) “Kate and Kate” (with Tziporah Malkah)
- In 2009, she was named as the face of Vaseline.
- Being chosen as the brand ambassador for QV Skincare in June 2016
- In 2018, she was a part of the Jockey underwear campaign “She wears the pants”.
Best Known For
- Her role as Sally Fletcher on the TV series Home and Away for around 20 years, from 1988–2008. She and her fellow cast members, Ray Meagher and Norman Coburn, were added to Guinness World Records for portraying the longest running characters in an Australian drama series. She also won 2 Gold Logie Awards, consecutively, in 2007 and 2008, for her most notable performance in Home and Away.
- Hosting the drive radio show, Kate, Tim & Marty, on Nova 96.9. The show has attracted a large number of audience and has won many awards including 3 major ACRA Awards and Australian Commercial Radio Award (2015) for Best Networked Program. The team was also recognized as the Best On-Air team in 2016 and 2017.
- Participating in the reality TV show It Takes Two in 2006 with Troy Cassar-Daley. She also went on to host the show in the following year.
First TV Show
In 1986, she made her first TV show appearance as Molly on the drama mini-series Cyclone Tracy.
Kate Ritchie works out regularly. Though she has a gym membership, her favorite type of workout is Pilates.
As for her diet, she watches what she eats and tries to follow a balanced and nutritious diet and avoids unhealthy snacking. She limits herself to one coffee a day (double shot) which is normally taken after her gym session. Her diet normally consists of –
- Breakfast – She likes to start her day with a heavy breakfast and drinks smoothies in the morning.
- Lunch – She often takes a late lunch of a salad, a homemade sandwich or crackers with loads of avocado and tuna.
- Dinner – Her dinner consists of a fish which is either Sashimi or steamed ocean trout with a salad or rice. At times, she cooks lamb cutlet and has it with quinoa roasted vegetables and feta.
Kate Ritchie Favorite Things
- Color Combination – Indigo and White
- To Do With Mae – Play in the garden and cook together
- Holiday Destination – Italy
Source – Instagram, KateWaterhouse.com, Lastminute.com.au
Kate Ritchie Facts
- She used to tell people that she was a nurse from Sydney so that people won’t be blinded by her celebrity status.
- If she could play a role of her choice, she would play the role of the Duchess of Cambridge or Princess Mary.
- If she weren’t an actress, she would have been an architect or a veterinary doctor.
- Kate Ritchie has been cast opposite actor Martin Dingle Wall in the series like Home and Away (1988), Underbelly (2008), and Cops LAC (2010).
- She has written books including I Just Couldn’t Wait to Meet You (2016) and It’s Not Scribble to Me (2018).
- She has been featured in magazines such as Good Health (May 2018) and Facon (2017).
- Follow Kate Ritchie on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Kate Ritchie / Instagram