|Kathy Ireland Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 20, 1963|
Kathy Ireland is a well-known American model, actress, voice actress, entrepreneur, businesswoman, author, dancer, public speaker, and philanthropist. She started modeling at the age of 16 when she was scouted by an agency and later turned into a model-turned-businesswoman carving out the way for many others like her. Kathy Ireland founded the global brand, kathy ireland Worldwide, in 1993 and has branched out her business in various areas such as home, fashion apparel, wedding, fine jewelry, baby, children’s toys and books, publishing, pet care, and crafts and gifts. She is also a published writer and has written a number of books such as Real Solutions for Busy Moms: Your Guide to Success and Sanity, Real Solutions: 52 God Inspired Messages from My Heart, Mona’s Favorite Words, What Do Mommies Do?, An Angel Called Hope, Where Are the Bears, Choo-Choo Colors, and Gracie & Delilah: A Tale of Two Precious Pups. Kathy Ireland has also revealed her acting talents and has been a part of various shows and movies such as Mom and Dad Save the World, A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Wicked Wives, Beauty and the Bandit, Once Upon a Christmas, The Wil Shriner Show, Late Night with David Letterman, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Access Hollywood, The Doctors, Totally Spies!, Pensacola: Wings of Gold, The Incredible Hulk, Tales from the Crypt, and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. Moreover, Kathy Ireland also supports various non-profit organizations and has been a pro-life advocate. She is also an accomplished public speaker and has delivered various keynote speeches on a number of occasions. Kathy Ireland has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 280k followers on Twitter and more than 70k followers on Instagram.
Kathleen Marie Ireland
Glendale, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County, California, United States
Kathy Ireland graduated from San Marcos High School.
Model, Actress, Voice Actress, Entrepreneur, Businesswoman, Author, Dancer, Public Speaker, Philanthropist
- Father – John Ireland
- Mother – Barbara (Niemann) Ireland
- Siblings – Mary Ireland (Older Sister) (Actress), Cynthia Ireland (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Isaac Ireland (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Arnold (Paternal Grandmother), August Henry Niemann (Maternal Grandfather), August Henry Niemann (Maternal Great Grandfather), Hermann Heinrich August Niemann (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Anna Katharina Neuner (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Minerva Eleanor Stephans (Maternal Great Grandmother), Bascom Asbury Stephens (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Minerva Mary Overshiner (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Gladys Camilla Larsen (Maternal Grandmother), Gottlieb August Larsen (Maternal Great Grandfather), Johan Larsen (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Sophie Hild (Maternal Great Grandmother), Petra C. Pedersen /Petersen (Maternal Great Grandmother), Peder Pedersen (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Anne Torstensen (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Bethany Ireland Olsen (Daughter-In-Law)
Kathy Ireland is represented by –
- Kathy Ireland Worldwide, Company, Rancho Mirage, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Elite Model Management
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kathy Ireland has dated –
- Greg Olsen (1988-Present) – Kathy Ireland got married to physician Dr. Gregory P. Olsen (aka Greg Olsen) on August 20, 1988. It was Kathy’s mother who set her up with her future husband. They were blessed with their first child, a son named Erik Ireland Olsen, on May 9, 1994. Then, their 2nd child, a daughter named Lily, was born on October 27, 1998, and the duo welcomed their 3rd child, a daughter named Chloe, in March 2003. Kathy Ireland and Greg Olsen have been living happily together and Kathy often shares their pictures on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
Kathy Ireland is of English descent on her father’s side and has German, English, and Norwegian roots on her mother’s side.
- Breathy, little girl voice
- Sparkling eyes
- Beautiful smile
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Kathy Ireland has done endorsement work for a number of brands such as –
- Office Depot (TV Commercial) (1985)
- Caress soap (Print Adverts) (1985)
- Budweiser Beer (TV commercial for St. Patrick’s Day) (1992)
- Cheerios Breakfast Cereal (TV Commercial) (1994)
- Bulova Watches (Print Adverts) (1995)
- Baked Lays Potato Crisps (TV Commercial) (1996)
- Kathy Ireland Brand line of Sportswear, Swimwear and Casual Wear for K-Mart (Print Adverts) (1996)
- K-Mart Maternity Wear (Print Adverts) (1998)
- Butterick Patterns licensed Kathy Ireland Home Sewing Patterns (Print Adverts) (2000)
- Art Van Furniture Store (Commercial) (2002)
- Lamps Plus (TV Commercial) (2004)
- Rent-A-Center (TV Commercial) (2007)
- Window World (TV Commercial and Print Adverts) (2011)
- “Stemage” skin-care product (Infomercial) (2014)
- “Love is Beautiful” topaz ring from the Kathy Ireland Worldwide collection in co-operation with the Bradford Exchange (Print Adverts) (2017)
Kathy Ireland is a devout Christian.
Best Known For
- Appearing in 13 consecutive swimsuit issues for Sports Illustrated
- Having appeared on the covers of several magazines such as Vogue, Mademoiselle, Cosmopolitan, New Body, Teen, Diet & Exercise, Runner’s World, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, American Health, Forbes, New Woman, Starlog, Celebrity Sleuth, Fitness, Woman’s World, Shape, and Opulence
- Her tremendous success as a model-turned-businesswoman and carving out the path for several others
Kathy Ireland made her first feature film appearance as Wanda Saknussemm in the sci-fi adventure comedy film, Alien from L.A., in 1988. She starred alongside the likes of William R. Moses, Richard Haines, Don Michael Paul, and Thom Mathews.
She made her first theatrical film appearance in a minor role in the comedy romance movie, Worth Winning, in 1989. However, she was not credited for her role.
In 1990, Kathy Ireland made her first credited theatrical film appearance as Marie in the comedy-drama romance sports film, Side Out. The film starred actors C. Thomas Howell, Peter Horton, Courtney Thorne-Smith, Harley Jane Kozak, and Christopher Rydell.
First TV Show
Kathy Ireland made her first TV show appearance as the ‘Woman In Line’ in an episode, titled Snowed In, of the family comedy sitcom, Charles in Charge, in February 1985.
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of Crystal in an episode titled Doomsday of the animated sci-fi superhero series, Fantastic Four: The Animated Series in 1994 in the UK.
Kathy Ireland stays fit by leading an active lifestyle as well as working out on a regular basis. She always tries to squeeze in some sort of exercises during her busy days and generally works out 3 days a week. She is well aware of the fact that one has to indulge more in physical activities after they turn 40 because that’s when the metabolism starts slowing down. Ireland focuses on stretching exercises to help her lose weight, tone and strengthen her body, as well as calm her body and mind. She also uses weights while exercising and her routine comprises of exercises such as push-ups and sit-ups. Her background as a surfing enthusiast has also helped her stay in shape.
She once gained a tremendous 25 pounds which she only noticed after her son clicked her candid picture. That was when she became more aware and concerned about her fitness regime and health.
As far as her diet is concerned, Kathy Ireland makes sure that her diet consists of all the required nutrition and usually goes for low-fat dairy. She incorporates fruits, vegetables, lean protein, red meat, and healthy carbs in her diet. Moreover, she drinks plenty of water throughout the day and makes sure of her appropriate calcium and vitamins intake. She also has a sweet tooth and occasionally indulges in some treats.
Kathy Ireland Favorite Things
- Shopping Neighborhood – The Field Museum
- Food – Chocolate-chip cookies made by her mother
- Things – Nature and the beach
- Activities – Hiking and surfing
- Types Of Clothes – Her sportswear, bodywear, and swimwear collection
Source – TravelinsiderMagazine.com, New York Post
Kathy Ireland Facts
- When Kathy Ireland was just a high school student, she was scouted by Elite Model Management in the year 1979. She was 16 years old at that time.
- She has revealed that during her early modeling years, a photographer once “crossed the line” with her and asked her to pose topless. However, when she refused to do so, he reportedly pushed her and got physical and Kathy only rescued the scene by decking him.
- Her 1989 cover was recognized as “The Greatest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Of All Time” by the publishers during the Sports Illustrated swimsuit’s 50th Anniversary celebration.
- As a dancer, Kathy Ireland appeared in the 9th edition of the dance competition TV series, Dancing with the Stars. She was paired with the Albanian-American professional ballroom dancer and instructor, Tony Dovolani, and they got eliminated only in the 2nd week of the competition.
- In 1993, she founded the global brand, kathy ireland Worldwide, with its collections including a wide range of home, office, fashion apparel, wedding, accessories, crafts and gifts, and pet products. It was started as a brand marketing firm and in 2015, it was ranked at number #31 on License Global’s “Top 150 Global Licensors” 2015 list.
- In 1993, Kmart proposed giving Ireland her very own clothing line including swimwear, activewear, accessories, sweaters, and more after the officials noticed that a line of socks sold more than 100 million pairs as they had Kathy Ireland’s name on them.
- In a 2006 article by Forbes that talked about the trend of ‘modelpreneurs’, she was described as a “prototype for model-turned-mogul”.
- Kathy Ireland is close friends with the business magnate, investor, speaker, and philanthropist, Warren Buffett, who was the one who advised her to expand her business into the home furnishings business. Most of the times, Warren Buffett opens the Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting along with Kathy Ireland and Bill Gates.
- She was named as world’s richest model by British Vogue in its May 2012 issue.
- She has also introduced a collection of jewelry inspired by her close friend and British-American actress, businesswoman, and humanitarian, Elizabeth Taylor. Kathy Ireland’s pet care collections have also been inspired by Taylor’s dogs, Gracie and Delilah.
- Ireland and Elizabeth Taylor supported each other through thick and thin and also attended various public events together. Kathy Ireland wore a diamond jewelry collection at the 2018 American Heart Association’s “Go Red for Women” Dress Show which was left for her by Taylor. Taylor also bequeathed her Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award to her dear friend, Ireland.
- She is also friends with actress Cindy Williams and actress and model, Brooke Shields.
- Over the years, Kathy Ireland has also released a number of fitness videos which have helped her promote her athletic wear and fitness equipment business. Many of her videos, which include Total Fitness Workout, Advanced Sports Fitness, Core Workout, Absolutely Fit, and Reach and Health, have won the VSDA Award. Her video titled ‘Body Specifics’ has also been awarded as the “Fitness Video Of The Year”.
- She has also been a successful public speaker and has delivered keynote speeches at a number of corporate events, industry conventions, expos, entrepreneurial events, social media conferences, and pro-life events.
- On August 13, 2007, she encouraged the young minds to contribute their time and efforts in activities aimed at ending poverty by speaking at the 4th Youth Assembly at the United Nations Headquarters.
- At the Licensing International Expo 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Kathy Ireland delivered the keynote speech.
- On July 12, 2012, she also gave a keynote speech at the Googleplex, which is the corporate headquarters complex for the technology giant, Google.
- She has always supported Israel and its people and was the key speaker at the 2012 AIPAC policy conference in Washington, D.C., alongside statesmen Barack Obama and Shimon Peres.
- Kathy Ireland has also supported a variety of non-profit organizations dedicated to education, emergency response and training for children, disease research and management, and HIV/AIDS. Some of them are March of Dimes, PTA, Feed the Children, and the City of Hope.
- On World AIDS Day 2017, she donated a handsome amount of $100,000 to the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation (ETAF).
- Her business skills are often compared to that of retail businesswoman, writer, television personality, and former model, Martha Stewart. Both of them have paved the way for various other models, such as Cindy Crawford and Heidi Klum, to make it big in the business world.
- Famous model, Ashley Graham, has also revealed that Kathy Ireland is her role model as well as “one of her favorite people to follow on Instagram” because of her morally conscious online presence and her business savviness.
- She is a pro-life advocate and has often spoken about the cause.
- Her niece, the child of her sister Cynthia, has Down syndrome and Ireland has talked about the need for an increase in research in the area.
- She was honored with the Messenger of Peace Award at the Jewish National Fund Tree of Life Gala in 2012.
- Kathy Ireland has appeared in a variety of shows and movies such as Journey to the Center of the Earth, Mr. Destiny, Mom and Dad Save the World, A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Wicked Wives, Beauty and the Bandit, Once Upon a Christmas, Twice Upon a Christmas, The Wil Shriner Show, Late Night with David Letterman, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, Wheel of Fortune, Gun, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Access Hollywood, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Doctors, Totally Spies!, Pensacola: Wings of Gold, The Incredible Hulk, Tales from the Crypt, and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.
- She has contributed as a writer by writing various books, most of which have been dedicated to children. Her first book, titled Powerful Inspirations: Eight Lessons that Will Change Your Life, alongside Laura Morton was published in 2002. Some of her other works include Real Solutions for Busy Moms: Your Guide to Success and Sanity, Real Solutions: 52 God Inspired Messages from My Heart, Mona’s Favorite Words, What Do Mommies Do?, An Angel Called Hope, Where Are the Bears, Choo-Choo Colors, and Gracie & Delilah: A Tale of Two Precious Pups.
- Kathy Ireland enjoys biking, hiking, swimming, surfing, and walking on the beach in the sand.
- She loves spending time with her family members and that’s also how she relaxes herself down.
- Kathy has said in an interview that she cannot live without God and her family.
- She has described her personal style sense as something that is comfortable.
- If she could change anything about herself, Kathy Ireland would change anything that she has ever said or done that has been hurtful to anyone.
- Apart from her mother, she adores the style sense of Jacqueline Onassis and Audrey Hepburn.
- Her most embarrassing fashion moment was when she had to go out after getting dressed in a dark closet.
- Visit her official website @ kathyireland.com.
- Follow Kathy Ireland on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by zannaland / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0