|Kellita Smith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1969|
|Distinctive Feature||Dimpled Cheeks|
Kellita Smith is a well distinguished American actress, comedian, and model who claims to fame came with the portrayal of Wanda McCullough on the sitcom The Bernie Mac Show (2001-2006). Besides that, the beautiful actress also appeared in a number of other hit shows and films such as House Party 3 (1994), Martin (1994-1995), Sister, Sister (1995), Malcolm & Eddie (1997), The Jamie Foxx Show (1997-1999), Hair Show (2004), Fair Game (2005), King’s Ransom (2005), Roll Bounce (2005), Three Can Play That Game (2007), and In the Cut. Given the number of films she has worked in, Kellita has seen the likes of well-known actors like Robin Wright, Jack Nicholson, LL Cool J, Jada Pinkett Smith, Anthony Anderson, Whoopi Goldberg, Gina Torres, and Regina Hall along with many more.
Besides that, she is also noted as a former model and comedian who’s witty humor has worked its way into the hearts of many stars. Over time, Kellita has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 50k followers on Twitter and more than 150k followers on Instagram.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She studied at the Oakland Community Learning Center that was founded by the Black Panther Party. Later, attained an associates degree in political science from Santa Rosa Junior College.
In the past, she attended comedy lessons with David Arnold.
Actress, Comedian, Model
- Father – Veteran
- Mother – Honey Smith
- Siblings – Eric Smith (Brother)
Kellita is represented by –
- Artists First
- Stone Manners Salners Agency
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kellita has been keeping mum about her dating life as despite being in the industry for more than 2 decades there have also been no such rumors of her relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Curvaceous figure
- Tall physique
- Heart-shaped lips
- Wide smile
- Thin eyebrows
- Dimpled Cheeks
Kellita has appeared in commercials for various brands including Ford Motor Company‘s Fusion.
Through her social media, she has either endorsed or promoted many brands such as –
- The Diaspora Dialogues
- Alicia G
- Rolling Out
- Town Royalty
Best Known For
- Being cast as Wanda McCullough in The Bernie Mac Show (2001-2006), Lieutenant Roberta Warren in Z Nation (2014-2018), and as Cheryl in In the Cut
- Starring various other shows and films such as House Party 3 (1994), Martin (1994-1995), Sister, Sister (1995), Malcolm & Eddie (1997), The Parkers (1999), The Jamie Foxx Show (1997-1999), NYPD Blue (2001), Hair Show (2004), Fair Game (2005), King’s Ransom (2005), Roll Bounce (2005), Three Can Play That Game (2007)
- Receiving various awards for her theater performances such as the NAACP Theatre Award for “Best Supporting Actress” in 1996
- Being featured on the cover of Savoy and Sheen
- Her work along with the likes of many well-distinguished stars like Robin Wright, Jack Nicholson, LL Cool J, Jada Pinkett Smith, Anthony Anderson, Whoopi Goldberg, Gina Torres, and Regina Hall
Kellita made her debut theatrical film appearance as Maxine in House Party 3 in 1994. However, her role was uncredited.
She made her first credited theatrical film appearance as Tanya in The Crossing Guard in 1995 alongside actor Jack Nicholson, David Morse, Robin Wright, and Anjelica Huston.
First TV Show
Kellita made her debut TV show appearance in director Keenen Ivory Wayans’s comedy show In Living Color in 1993.
Kellita once struggled with a severe case of emotional eating and had started to put on a lot of weight in the past. However, the beautiful actress managed to battle through and switched to a healthy amount of food intake without going on any kind of special diet.
Nevertheless, in order to do this, Kellita did have to make a few changes in her diet such as consuming less complex carbohydrates. She was also forced to find an alternative for bread. Besides that, during the process of switching to healthy eating, Kellita had stopped consuming oily food such as french fries and other sugary dishes like pancakes.
Ever since she recovered from her suffering she started doing an hour of pilates and an hour of spin lessons to keep the fat off her body and to lead her into a healthier lifestyle of living. Besides that, she also indulges other cardio intense activities like tennis, fencing, and tae kwon do.
Kellita Smith Favorite Things
- Sweet Snack – A slice of white cake with buttercream icing
- Moment On The Bernie Mac Show – Getting cast into it
- Quarterback – Michael Vick
Kellita Smith Facts
- She was brought up in Oakland, California.
- Kellita’s father was a veteran who was sent off to Vietnam when she was still a baby. However, due to the danger and time restraints that his work possessed her mother could not bear it and legally parted ways.
- In the past, she was part of the Black Panther Party. She was also featured in a documentary while interviewing political activist Huey P. Newton when she 8 years old. She had also studied at the Oakland Community Learning Center which was founded by the BPP in 1966.
- Prior to being cast as astounding actor Bernie Mac‘s wife Wanda McCullough, she was denied the role twice. However, she got it on her third and final try.
- There had been a time when she had no work as an artist. It was then, that she started to attend martial arts lessons. She had also stated in an interview that, it “helped me keep focused and center into something.”
- Her hobbies are fencing, playing tennis, and practicing tae kwon do.
- In order to forget all her worries and get rid of her tension, she prefers to take lay a tub filled with water and bubbles. Then she thinks about herself sitting on a mountain that is so high that no one can see her.
- Kellita is a huge fan of actor Bernie Mac.
- She had started off her career as a model and then branched off to the theatre, starting with the production Tell It Like It Tiz.
- While playing Lieutenant Roberta Warren in the hit Syfy series Z Nation (2016-2018), Kellita did her own stunts.
- A man with talent is something that turns her on.
- Besides acting, she is also a philanthropist who often indulges in social activities like making frequent visits to orphanages.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Kellita Smith / Instagram