|Kelly Rutherford Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1968|
Kelly Rutherford is an American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Stephanie “Sam” Whitmore in Generations, Lily van der Woodsen in Gossip Girl, and Megan Lewis in Melrose Place. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Scream 3, The Chaos Factor, I Love Trouble, Homefront, Kindred: The Embraced, The Great Defender, Buried Secrets, Angels Don’t Sleep Here, The Outer Limits, Bones, Threat Matrix, Quantico, Jane The Virgin, Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists, and many more.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States
Kelly Rutherford went to the Corona del Mar High School in Newport Beach.
To hone her acting skills, she got enrolled at the Herbert Berghof Studio in New York City. She also attended The Beverly Hills Playhouse, which is an acting school with theater.
- Mother – Ann Edwards (Writer and Model)
- Siblings – Anthony Edwards (Younger Brother), Courtney Edwards (Younger Sister), Lindsey Edwards (Younger Sister)
Kelly Rutherford is represented by Luber Roklin Entertainment.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly Rutherford has dated –
- Matthew Settle
- Carlos Tarajano (2000-2002) – Kelly Rutherford first met banker Carlos Tarajano in New York City after he introduced himself to Kelly and her friend, who were having lunch in Upper East Side. It was love at the first sight for Carlos. About 6 months after their initial meeting, Carlos proposed with a 3-carat emerald ring. In June 2001, they got married at a Catholic church in Beverly Hills. Just three months after their wedding, Carlos collapsed while taking a shower and was subsequently diagnosed with a heart condition. Kelly remained by his side at the hospital. But, soon she started drifting away from him. She filed for divorce in January 2002. A month later, their wedding was featured in an edition of InStyle magazine. He died in 2004.
- Daniel Giersch (2005-2008) – Kelly got in touch with Daniel Giersch in September 2005 after a waitress at her favorite restaurant in Los Angeles gave Kelly, Daniel’s email ID on Daniel’s request. She was intrigued and sent him the email. He responded and about a month later went out on a date. Two months after their date, she was pregnant with their first child. In August 2006, they got married. Two months later, she gave birth to a daughter, Hermes. By December 2008, their relationship had fallen apart and she initiated divorce proceedings. She was three months pregnant at that time. In June 2009, she gave birth to a daughter, Helena. In her divorce filing, she had asked for joint custody of their children but, he wanted sole custody, which he eventually got after a highly publicized and controversial legal battle.
- Tony Brand (2015-Present) – Kelly first stepped out with her new boyfriend, Tony Brand, who was General Manager of Gucci in April 2015. She had started sharing their pictures on Instagram a month earlier. They made their first public outing by putting up a loved-up appearance in June 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Kelly Rutherford made an appearance in the TV commercials for –
- Johnson’s baby lotion (1980)
- Mother’s Cookie Ice Cream
She has also appeared in an infomercial for model Cindy Crawford‘s “Meaningful Beauty” anti-aging skincare system.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Lily van der Woodsen in the teen drama series Gossip Girl.
- Playing the role of Stephanie “Sam” Whitmore in the NBC daytime series, Generations.
In 1988, Kelly made her first film appearance in a minor role as a TV watcher in the crime action movie Shakedown.
First TV Show
In 1987, she appeared in the ABC soap opera, Loving.
Kelly Rutherford credits Guru Jagat, a Los Angeles-based yoga and meditation expert, for her toned figure and mental wellbeing. She contends that Jagat had helped her deal with tough times and challenges with a combination of breathing exercises and meditation practice. Kelly regularly practices kundalini yoga, which is a mix of breathing exercises, chanting, and meditation.
She is also a fan of various workout sessions conducted by New York-based Exhale Spa studio, which is well known for their unique brand of fusion core workouts that helps practitioners stay lean and toned.
Regarding diet, she just focuses on eating healthy. She tries to eat organic home-prepared food and lays special emphasis on reinvigorating green juices.
Kelly Rutherford Favorite Things
- Sunday Brunch Spot – Amaranth
- Restaurant for Lunch – Fred’s at Barneys
- Dinner Spot – Crown and Giorgione
- Restaurant for Atmosphere – Le Pain Quotidien
- Go to Food – Mexican
- Eatery for Dessert – Lady M Cake Boutique
- Restaurant for Kids – Serafina
Source – TheNewPotato.com
Kelly Rutherford Facts
- Kelly got her breakthrough after she bagged the role of Megan Lewis, an ex-hooker, in the TV series Melrose Place.
- In June 2013, she was forced to file for bankruptcy after she had amassed a debt of around 2 million dollars. She attributed debt to the legal fees she had to pay due to her child custody battle with her former husband Daniel Giersch.
- Kelly Rutherford is an environmentalist and has been involved with several environmental charities and foundations such as Habitat for Humanity and Healthy Child Healthy World.
- Kelly is a staunch supporter of women’s rights and gender equality and has supported Step Up Women’s Network, which provides women and girls with resources through community service.
- She has worked to raise awareness about HIV / AIDS and prevent it through association with Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation and RED, which raises funds to help women and children affected by HIV / AIDS in Africa.