Sultan of Symmetry, Flex Wheeler
Fresno, California, USA
As a child, he struggled in school as he suffered from dyslexia. But, he was excellent in sports.
Former American IFBB Professional Bodybuilder
- Father – Webster
- Mother – Gloria
- Siblings – Darnell (Elder Brother), Sharalene (Elder Sister)
- Others – Nia (Daughter), Darius (Son)
All pics of his wife, family can be found on getbig.com
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
Contest – 95-102 kg or 210-225 lbs
Off-season – 120-125 kg or 265-275 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He dated Madeline and married to her. The dates are not known. The couple has now 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
He has a record 4 wins for Arnold Classic contest.
- Arms / Biceps – 24 in or 61 cm
- Leg – 31 in or 80 cm
- Chest – 56 in or 142 cm
After getting retired from competitive bodybuilding, Flex started to work on the position of Executive Director for Media and Public Relations for the Sports Nutrition Company, All American EFX. He manages their sponsored athletes and appears in the advertisements for the company.
Best Known For
IFBB Pro bodybuilder and winning Arnold Classic for the record 4 times.
He has appeared in a number of documentaries. The first one being in 1999. It is a 49 minute video titled Come Get Some: The Women of the WWF. He appeared in the movie as himself.
First TV Show
In 2007, Flex appeared in Bulgarian comedy talk-show Shouto na Slavi as himself. He can be seen in this Bulgarian language TV series in the episode dated 21 September 2007.
He learnt martial arts from the trainers, who have fourth Dan in Tae Kwon Do and another is a seventh Dan in Kempo. He learnt the combination of both and that too from different trainers. In an interview given to Bodybuilding.com, Ken revealed –
“Our style is a stand up style where we can throw almost any technique from the groin all the way to the head.”
When he was active in bodybuilding, he had very strenuous workouts focusing on every body part. Regarding diet, he says that after the retirement, he can now survive on one to two meals a day. Not only survive, this is the need of his body. Earlier, he used to feel hungry all the time. But, this is not the case, now.
Flex Wheeler Favorite Things
- Martial Artists – Jet Lee, Jackie Chan
Source – Bodybuilding
Flex Wheeler Facts
- He has won Arnold Classic for the four times, which is a record in itself. He won the competition in 1993, 1997, 1998, and 2000.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger has mentioned Flex as one of the greatest bodybuilders, he had ever seen.
- Wheeler retired in 2001 from bodybuilding. He was succeeded by Ronnie Coleman.
- He also tried his luck as a police officer in the past, briefly. But, soon shifted to bodybuilding as a full time occupation.
- “Flex”, his nickname is due to the fact that he has a great flexibility. He can do complete splits.
- Wheeler describes himself as “martial artist first, a bodybuilder second”.
- He had suffered from poverty, child abuse, and some suicidal conditions as a child.
- He had won Ironman Pro for the five times in his career.
- He is regarded as arrogant and overconfident by the audience.
- In 1994, Flex had a car accident, in which was closely saved. Otherwise, he could had to suffer from lifelong paralysis.
- In 1993, 1998 and 1999, he scored second place in IFBB Mr. Olympia competition. This is the best position, he has ever achieved in Mr. Olympia. So, he can be called as the “Uncrowned Mr. Olympia”.
- After retirement from bodybuilding, he again started focusing on martial arts, Kemp-Kwon-Do (a combination of Kempo and Tae Kwon Do).
- In 1999, he noticed that he was suffering from a hereditary kidney disease. For that, he underwent a treatment of kidney transplant in 2003 (after retirement).
- He is not on social media.