|Ronnie Coleman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1964|
Ronnie Coleman is an American professional bodybuilder who is now retired. He has to his name Mr. Olympia title for 8 years in a row. As of 2019, he was the record holder for the second-most wins as an IFBB professional by winning 26 titles.
Ronnie started his career as a police officer and took up bodybuilding alongside, but less did he knew that it would become his chore job. The journey was long but he did stay consistent and won his first competition as a professional, the Canada Pro Cup, in 1995. That was the turning point of his career and life both. He won a total of 8 times in a row from 1998 to 2005. He currently runs his own company, Ronnie Coleman Signature Series, which provides sports nutrition and wellness products to the aspiring builders.
Ronnie Dean Coleman
Ronnie Coleman, Big Arm, Big Ron
Bastrop, Louisiana, U.S.
Ronnie lives in Arlington, Texas, USA
Ronnie Coleman completed schooling from Bastrop High School in 1982 and graduated with a B.Sc degree in accounting from Grambling State University (GSU) in 1986.
Police Officer, Texas (1989-2003), bodybuilder & Entrepreneur
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
Contest – 135 kg or 297 pounds
Off-Season – 150 kg or 330 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Rouaida Christine Achkar (2007-2008) – Ronnie met French-Lebanese personal trainer Rouaida Christine Achkar in Paris in 1998 on 22nd March. They married each other in Beirut on December 28, 2007, but divorced shortly.
- Susan Williamson (2016-Present) – He married personal trainer Susan Williamson on April 11, 2016. They have four children.
Ronnie has no hair. He is bald
- Chest – 58 in
- Waist – 36 in
- Biceps – 24 in
- Calves – 22 in
- Thighs – 36 in
Best Known For
Won 8 titles as Mr. Olympia and also 26 titles as IFBB professional
First Bodybuilding Win
Ronnie Coleman won the title of Mr. Texas (Heavyweight & Overall) in 1990. He has won the bodybuilding titles from 1990 – 2007.
Ronnie Coleman started going to Metroflex Gym for his bodybuilding under the guidance of his personal trainer and owner of the gym “Brian Dobson”.
Ronnie Coleman Favorite Exercises
Ronnie likes these 6 exercises the most.
- Bench Presses for Chest
- Squats for Legs
- Barbell Rows for Back
- Seated Military Press for Shoulders
- Lying Extensions for Triceps
- Preacher Curls for Biceps
Ronnie Coleman Facts
- Ronnie was born to Jessie Benton (mother).
- Ronnie has 3 siblings – 1 younger brother and 2 younger sisters.
- Ronnie has 2 daughters – Jamilleah and Valencia Daniel and three young children from another relationship.
- Ronnie routinely takes three months off after Mr. Olympia to recover his body from illness or exertion.
- Ronnie does a heavy workout and his diet is also different from other celebrities.
- Ronnie has some words patented which he was seen using in most of his videos like “Yeah buddy!”, “Lightweight baby!” or “Nothing but a peanut!”. It has become commonplace in the bodybuilding community across the world.
- Due to his extensive training with heavyweights, he would do squats and deadlifts with 800 lbs. It all took a toll on his body and had to undergo a series of surgeries including two hip replacements.
- There were speculations that he might not be able to walk ever again because of the injuries he had incurred during his stint as a bodybuilder. However, Ronnie’s will power to stay fit keeps him going.
- Vlad Yudin, a Russian Director, made a documentary in 2018 on Ronnie named Ronnie Coleman: The King, available online. The documentary has a song “Flexin’ on Them (Ronnie Coleman)” by rapper Quan.