|Kevin McCall Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|July 25, 1985
Kevin McCall is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer who is best known for his partnership with pop singer Chris Brown. In 2009, he was asked to produce 10 tracks for Brown’s first mixtape In my Zone which included hit tracks like Big Booty Judy (Remix) by Kevin McCall featuring Chris Brown and Ludacris, Twitter, Too Freaky, and Work Wit It. In 2010, McCall produced more tracks for another mixtape Fan of a Fan, a collaboration between Chris Brown and Tyga. The mixtape included the chart-topping hit track called Deuces, which led McCall to his first Grammy Award nomination in 2011.
Kevin Lamar McCall Jr.
Watts, Los Angeles, California, United States
He attended high school in Carson, California, United States, and, later went to play football all throughout his childhood and college at the Washington State University from where he graduated in 2007 with a degree in Social Science and a Minor in Music and Ethnic Studies.
Rapper, Record Producer, Singer, Songwriter
- Siblings – He has 3 sisters.
He self-manages himself and is being represented by his own namesake website Kevin McCall Jr.
Hip Hop, R&B, P Pop
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards
- Epic Records
- Jive Records
- J Records
- RCA Records
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin McCall has dated –
- Eva Marcille (2013-2015) – Kevin McCall had dated model-actress Eva Marcille in 2013, but the two had called it quits in 2015 following claims that the rapper-producer was allegedly abusing Marcille around the time that she was pregnant with their daughter, Marley Rae. After Marcille spoke about the alleged abuse, McCall was quick to release a statement denying the accusations against him, saying that he was hurt to see people believe in lies “so easily”.
- He also has one daughter from his previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Tall Height
- Thick Lips
Best Known For
His collaboration with fellow singer and pop star Chris Brown who also turned out to be his former manager under the Chris Brown Entertainment (CBE) record label via RCA
He released his first album titled Sincerely, Kevin in 2018.
First TV Show
In 2015, he made his TV show debut as ‘Himself’ on Living It Up.
Looking at Kevin McCall’s Twitter, he seems pretty active in keeping himself fit and healthy by following his own workout routine. In a short video snippet posted on August 15, 2019, with hashtags #Kmfitness and #Kmfitness21days, he can be seen doing his cardio exercise in the form of skipping rope. Another video was also posted on that same day where McCall can be seen doing his immense leg exercise alongside his fitness trainer Que Heffe.
As for the specific food he eats to keep himself in shape, the rapper has not shared anything about his precise diet plan. But from the looks of his workout gestures, he seems to be pretty much into health and fitness, which could also mean that he may have probably been following his own diet routine.
Kevin McCall Facts
- He first entered the music production in 2007.
- Aside from Chris Brown, Kevin McCall was also formerly associated with other artists such as Constantine, Jason L. Martin known by his stage name Problem, Justin Bieber, Keri Hilson, Tank, Trey Songz, Pleasure P, Keyshia Cole, Kelly Rowland, Joe Jonas, Big Sean, and Ty Dolla Sign.
- He learned piano all by himself, but he literally went to music school to develop his skills as a songwriter, producer, and as an artist in general.
- His family and friends introduced him to music at a very young age.
- He was a member of the fraternity called Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
- As of 2019, McCall is not signed to any record labels and is working as an independent artist.
- As a lead artist, he has released 2 singles titled Naked featuring Big Sean (2012) and Yo Chick (2014) with Ty Dolla Sign.
- Visit his official website @ kevinmccalljr.com.
Featured Image by Kevin McCall / Facebook