|Kevin Olusola Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 5, 1988|
Kevin Olusola is an American singer and beatboxer known for being a band member of Pentatonix. He has done endorsement work for brands like MFS Investment Management, Pentatonix, Fiat, and Macy’s. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Kevin Oluwole Olusola
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
Kevin Olusola started his formal education at Greater Philadelphia Junior Academy. He briefly attended the Montessori-based Triplett School. He later shifted to the Owensboro Public School.
In the 11th grade, he got admission at the Phillips Academy Andover. After completing his high school studies from Andover, he decided to attend Yale University. When he started his studies at the university, he was an academic music major. But after visiting China on a 10-day trip sponsored by the Chinese Government for Yale Students, he decided to switch to East Asian Studies and graduated in 2011.
He also decided to excuse himself from the 2009-2010 academic year as he went to the Inter-University Program for Chinese Language Study in Beijing to study intensive Chinese.
In 2010, he got enrolled at the Berklee School of Music.
Beatboxer, Multi-Instrumentalist, Singer
- Father – Oluwole Olusola (Psychiatrist)
- Mother – Curline Paul (Nurse)
- Siblings – Candace Olusola (Sister), Kellon Olusola (Brother)
Kevin Olusola is represented by –
- Jonathan Kalter, The MGMT Company, Hollywood, California, United States
- Lee Goforth, Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Meghan Kehoe, RCA Records, New York City, New York, United States
Classical, Pop, Rock, Jazz, a Cappella
Vocals, Cello, Saxophone, Piano
- Madison Gate
- RCA Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Olusola has dated –
- Leigh Weissman (2017-Present) – In 2017, Kevin met college counselor Leigh Weissman through a mutual friend and gradually started dating. After 2 years of dating, they married on September 16, 2019, at Hummingbird Nest Ranch in Simi Valley, California. Their marriage function was hosted for 2 days with 225 guests (American-style wedding) and 165 guests (Nigerian-style wedding) present on each respective day. On April 3, 2021, they had welcomed their first child, daughter Kaia Noelle Olusola.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Nigerian ancestry on his father’s side and Grenadian ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Kevin Olusola has appeared in a TV commercial for MFS Investment Management.
- As a member of Pentatonix, he has endorsed Lucky Charms cereals.
- His music group has also endorsed Fiat and Macy’s.
Best Known For
Being a member of the vocal band Pentatonix, which is best known for their commercial success and have won the reality TV show The Sing-Off. Their albums have been certified ‘Platinum’ and ‘Gold’. They have even won multiple Grammy Awards.
In 2014, his music group released their debut studio album, PTX, Vols. 1 & 2, which was a compilation of their previously released and highly successful mixtapes.
In 2015, he made his theatrical film debut in the musical comedy movie, Pitch Perfect 2.
First TV Show
In 2014, Kevin Olusola made his first TV show appearance on Access Hollywood.
Kevin Olusola Facts
- While studying at the Yale University, he worked as a practice room monitor at the Yale School of Music.
- His music talent was discovered by his parents when he was 6 months old. They decided to put him in music lessons.
- When he was 4 years old, he started learning the piano. He started taking cello lessons at the age of 6 and was learning alto saxophone by the age of 10.
- In his hometown of Owensboro, he was involved in the community music programs and was in a jazz band, concert band, marching band, and community youth orchestra.
- At the age of 12, he was selected as the United States Collegiate Wind Band‘s principal saxophonist. He also toured Europe in the summer for 3 weeks with the band.
- In his teens, he also served as a principal cellist of the Kentucky State Youth Orchestra. He was also awarded the highest honor at the Kentucky Governor’s School for the Arts.
- After having emerged as a winner at the American Fine Arts Festival, he was invited to perform in the piano trio at Carnegie Hall.
- Scott Hoying got in touch with him regarding an opening in his music group, Pentatonix. Hoying was impressed by Kevin’s video Julie-O, which had gone viral on the social media.
- After his music group won the reality TV competition, The Sing-Off, they were awarded a recording contract with Sony Music and were handed a cash prize of $200,000.
- He can fluently speak Mandarin Chinese.
Featured Image by Kevin Olusola / Instagram