|Key (Kim Ki-bum) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Key is a South Korean singer, actor, fashion designer, and television presenter best known for being a vocalist of the popular South Korean boy group, SHINee, under SM Entertainment. He has also worked as a fashion designer and designed many of the group’s concert outfits. Key has a strong fan base and has managed to gain more than 7 million followers on Instagram.
Key, The Almighty Key, KimKey, Key Umma
Daegu, South Korea
Key studied at the Dae Gu Yeong Shin Middle School. He later attended the Myongji University and majored in Film and Musical. For his post-graduation, he got enrolled at Woosuk University where his major was in Culture and Education Contents Development.
Singer, Actor, Television Presenter, Fashion Designer
- Siblings – None
Key is represented by SM Entertainment.
K-pop, J-pop, R&B, EDM, Funk Rock, Hip Hop
- SM Entertainment
- Virgin Records
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Key has dated –
- Nicole – Key was rumored to be dating Nicole, a member of the South Korean pop girl group, Kara. The two have been spotted together several times and were said to be romantically linked. Key has however stated that they are “just friends”.
When asked about his ideal type, he said that it always changes but one thing that he would want in a girl would be that she is well-read and knowledgeable.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘light brown’.
- Often wears glasses
- Cut on right eyebrow
Key has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Nana’s B
- Etude House
- The Saem
- Smart School uniform
- Oddugi Noodles
- Jill Stuart
Best Known For
Being a vocalist and group leader of the popular South Korean boy group, SHINee, under SM Entertainment, which sold more than 180,000 copies of their EP Sherlock in 2012
With his band, SHINee, Key released his first album titled The Shinee World in 2008 which recorded the sales number of 88,000+ in Korea.
As a solo artist, his first album was titled Face which released on November 26, 2018.
Key made his theatrical film debut in the South Korean high school mystery/comedy film Attack on the Pin-Up Boys in 2007.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show as Han Jeong-woo on April Kiss in 2004.
As per an interview, Key revealed that he does not have a naturally slim body type and he gains weight easily. So during the time, he was a trainee with SM Entertainment, he was not allowed to eat certain foods that he desired. All he was allowed to eat was dishes like fish cakes and soybean stew.
- He was raised by his grandmother since his birth due to his mother’s ill health and his father’s busy schedule.
- When he was 14, Key represented his school at water-skiing competitions.
- He auditioned for SM Entertainment at SM National Tour Audition Casting in 2006 and got through.
- After being a trainee of SM Entertainment till 2008, he was selected as a member of the boy group SHINee and officially debuted with the group on May 25, 2008.
- In 2014, he collaborated with his close friend and boyband Infinite member Woohyun and the duo was known as Toheart.
- Apart from being a singer, he is also a fashion designer and has designed many of the group’s concert outfits.
- He has also been an active philanthropist and has done charity work for organizations such as World Vision and Animal Freedom Union.
- He is an animal lover and has two pet dogs named Commes Des and Garçon.
- Apart from Korean, he is also fluent in English and Japanese.
- Key has height phobia.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Sparking / Tistory / CC BY-4.0