Keylor Antonio Navas Gamboa
Pérez Zeledón, Costa Rica
Keylor’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Freddy Navas
- Mother – Sandra Gamboa
- Siblings – Unknown
Navas is signed with Goalkick Sportmanagement.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Keylor Navas is married to Andrea Salas. The couple has one child son Mateo (b. April 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
- Black hair
- Shiny smile
In 2015, Navas signed an endorsement contract with Adidas.
Best Known For
His large set of skills as a goalkeeper, his dedication, and passion for the game.
First Football Match
On November 6, 2005, Navas played his first official match for the team of Deportivo Saprissa against Asociación Deportiva Carmelita.
On May 13, 2012, Keylor debuted for the Spanish team Levante in a match against Athletic Bilbao.
Keylor appeared in a 5-1 win over Elche on September 23, 2014. That was his first official game as a player of Real Madrid.
Navas had his national team debut on October 11, 2008 in a 4-1 win over Suriname.
- Saving close and long-range shots
- Focus and concentration
- Penalty saving
He has no significant weaknesses in his game.
Navas hasn’t appeared in a theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Keylor was not seen in any other TV show.
Keylor is one of the best goalkeepers of his generation. The Costa Rican international has made a name for himself while he played for the Spanish team Levante where in just one season, he started attracting all the attention towards himself after his terrific goalkeeping parades in numerous matches in the Primera Division. His story took over the world very quickly, especially after he stated that he worked really hard to get to the level where he is today. While searching on YouTube, we ran into one video of 2014 in which Keylor is working on improving his goalkeeping skills. From our perspective, his training approach is complete, and it’s no wonder how he made it this far. For Keylor, hard work definitely paid off.
Check out the following video to see how Navas exercises and improves his palette of skills.
Keylor Navas Favorite Things
- Food – Pasta and rice pudding
- Movie – Armageddon (1998)
- Actor – Adam Sandler
- Bible Passage – Galatians 1:10
Source – Aldia.cr, Wikipedia
Keylor Navas Facts
- While playing for Deportivo Saprissa, he won 6 national titles.
- In July 2010, he moved to the Spanish team Albacete Balompie in the Segunda Division.
- During the 2011-2012 season, Navas was loaned to Levante for a year.
- He was the starting goalkeeper for Levante in the 2013-2014 season.
- In March 2014, Keylor was named La Liga Player of the Month.
- On August 3, 2014, Navas was transferred to Real Madrid after the Spanish club agreed to pay 10 million euros in the buyout clause.
- He was about to be exchanged with the Manchester United’s goalkeeper David de Gea, but it didn’t happen because the Spanish transfer period was already over.
- He was in the U-17 Costa Rican team at the 2003 FIFA U-17 World Championship.
- At the 2014 World Cup, he was nominated for the Golden Glove Award. Eventually, the award was given to the German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
- Navas gained Spanish citizenship on December 3, 2014.
- Follow Keylor on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.