|Kian Hurtado Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 2002|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Kian is an Australian singer and songwriter whose first EP titled Bliss was released in May 2019 and the lead single from the EP called Waiting was certified ‘Double Platinum’ by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) and had peaked at number 15 on the ARIA charts. The single was also voted at number 20 in the 2018 Triple J ‘Hottest 100’ list, an annual countdown of the year’s most popular songs, voted for by the listeners of Triple J, an Australian national youth radio station. Kian had also won the ‘Triple J Unearthed’ award in August 2018, the radio channel’s young talent discovery initiative.
Kian Maxwell Bytyci Brownfield
Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
Kian had attended the Castlemaine Secondary College in his hometown for his secondary schooling.
- Father – Dion Brownfield (Singer, Songwriter, Founder & Director of the Indigenous Hip Hop Project)
He is represented by Dion Brownfield, his father, who serves as both his manager and his agent.
Australian Hip Hop, Alternative Pop, Indie Pop, Alternative Rock
- EMI Group Limited
- Republic Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Lanky frame
- Center-parted, neck-length, curly hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Wears an ear stud and a nose ring
- Has a mole on his right cheek
Kian Favorite Things
Source – KianMusic.info
- Like him, Kian’s parents are both singers and songwriters and were his major inspirations growing up. He was involved in music from the age of 3 when his parents used to travel to and create music with remote indigenous Australian communities. His parents recognized his talent and gifted him his first guitar when he was 7 years old.
- In May 2017, at the age of just 15, he wrote and sang the chorus of the song Cloud 9 which was aboriginal Australian rapper Baker Boy’s debut single. In February 2018, he launched the song Too Far Gone with fellow teenaged artist Vince the Kid.
- His 2018 single Waiting was nominated for both the ‘Most Performed Australian Work of the Year’ and the ‘Most Performed Alternative Work of the Year’ awards at the 2020 Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) Awards. The song was also nominated in the category of ‘Song of the Year’ at the 2019 ARIA Music Awards. He had written the track when he was just 14 years old.
- He releases his songs and music videos on his self-titled YouTube channel as well which has amassed more than 20k subscribers.
Featured Image by Kian / Instagram