|Kika Markham Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Year of Birth||1940|
Kika Markham is an English actor who has been cast in several shows like Mr Selfridge, Holby City, Barbie, The Corner Shop, Frontier Drums, Drama 61-67, Jane Eyre, Teletale, Story Parade, Sergeant Cork, Armchair Theatre, A Tale of Two Cities, Couples, Rooms, Clouds of Glory, The Wednesday Play, Fearless, Call the Midwife, Emergency-Ward 10, Theatre 625, Jackanory, Love Story, Boy Meets Girl, Happy Ever After, Strange Report, Albert and Victoria, Hark at Barker, Six Faces, The Love School, Edward & Mrs. Simpson, Armchair Thriller, The Life and Times of David Lloyd George, Black Silk, The Return of Sherlock Holmes, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Touching Evil, Takin’ Over the Asylum, Waking the Dead, The Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Secret State, and Life. Kika Markham has also appeared in movies like Bunny Lake Is Missing, Futtocks End, Operation Daybreak, Killing Me Softly, Under Western Eyes, Franklyn, Noroît, The Blood of Hussain, The Innocent, Wonderland, Esther Kahn, A Woman at War, Einstein and Eddington, Fortune’s Fools, The Shooting of Thomas Hurndall, Blade on the Feather, The Woman in White, and Dirty Filthy Love.
Erika S. L. Markham
She was born in 1940.
Macclesfield, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
- Father – David Markham (April 3, 1913 – December 15, 1983) (Actor, Stage Artist)
- Mother – Olive Marie Dehn (September 29, 1914 – March 21, 2007) (Children’s Writer, Anarchist, Farmer, Poet)
- Siblings – Sonia Markham (Sister), Petra Markham (Younger Sister) (Actor, Theatre Artist), Jehane Markham (Sister) (Poet, Dramatist)
- Others – Frederick Edward Dehn (Maternal Grandfather) (Businessperson, Cotton Merchant), Helen Dehn (née Susman) (Maternal Grandmother), Paul Dehn (Maternal Uncle) (Screenwriter), Michael Redgrave (March 20, 1908 – March 21, 1985) (Father-In-Law) (Stage and Film Actor, Director, Manager, Author), Rachel Kempson (May 28, 1910 – May 24, 2003) (Mother-In-Law) (Actor), Vanessa Redgrave (Sister-In-Law) (Actor, Activist), Lynn Redgrave (Sister-In-Law) (Actor)
Kika Markham has been represented by Gardner Herrity Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kika Markham has dated –
- Corin Redgrave (1985-2010) – In the year 1985, she got married to actor and left-wing socialist activist Corin Redgrave in Wandsworth, London. The duo remained together until his death in 2010 and had 2 sons – Harvey (b. 1979) and Arden (b. 1983). With her marriage to Corin Redgrave, she also became the stepmother of Corin’s 2 children from his previous marriage – daughter Jemma Redgrave (b. January 14, 1965) and son Luke Redgrave.
Race / Ethnicity
Usually sports forehead bangs
She was cast in a TV commercial for Walls Cornetto ice cream “Gondolas” in 1983.
Kika Markham Facts
- She portrayed the character of Freda Dudley Ward in the 7-part television miniseries titled Edward & Mrs. Simpson in 1978.
- Alongside Sean Connery, Peter Boyle, Frances Sternhagen, and James B. Sikking, Kika Markham co-starred as Carol O’Niel in the 1981 science fiction thriller film Outland.
- She brought to life the character of Eileen in the 1999 drama film Wonderland. Her co-stars for the project included Jack Shepherd, Shirley Henderson, Gina McKee, Molly Parker, John Simm, and Stuart Townsend.
- Kika Markham was cast as Mrs. Blandchard in the 2002 erotic thriller film Killing Me Softly.
- In 2014, her memoir of her husband titled Our Time of Day: My Life with Corin Redgrave was published.
Featured Image by Garry Knight / Flickr / CC BY 2.0