|Kim Hyo-yeon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Hyo-yeon is a South Korean singer, DJ, and television personality best known for being a member of the South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation. Apart from the group, she has provided her vocals to various solo singles such as Mystery, Wannabe, Punk Right Now, Up & Down, and many more. She has a strong social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram.
Hyoraengi (pun: tiger), Kim-choding (elementary school-kid Kim), Kim Yeolsal (10-year-old Kim), Fiona, Hyoyeon
Incheon, South Korea
Hyoyeon attended the Winners Dance School in South Korea.
Singer, DJ, TV Personality
- Siblings – Kim Min-gu (Younger Brother)
Hyoyeon is represented by SM Entertainment.
K-pop, Bubblegum Pop, Electropop, R&B
- SM Entertainment
- EMI Japan
- Interscope Records
5 ft 3.5 in or 161 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim Hyo-yeon has dated –
- Kim Jun-hyung (2012-2014) – Hyoyeon was romantically linked with a global marketing brand CEO, writer, mentor, and a businessman named Kim Jun-hyung. The couple was said to have started dating in December 2012. They, however, broke up in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘pink’, ‘blue’, or ‘dark brown’.
Hyoyeon has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Korean chicken chain Goobne Chicken
- Samantha Thavasa
- Domino’s Pizza
- Absolute New York
Best Known For
Being a member of the South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation
Hyoyeon released her first studio album Girls’ Generation along with the group Girls’ Generation in November 2007.
She made her theatrical film debut in the documentary film I Am in 2012.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance was on South Korean comedy-variety show Unstoppable Marriage in 2008.
Kim Hyo-yeon Favorite Things
- Fashion Icon – Jennifer Lopez
Kim Hyo-yeon Facts
- Hyoyeon started taking formal dance lessons when she was in elementary school and learned hip-hop, jazz, and Latin dance at a small dance school located in her neighborhood.
- In 1999, she joined Winners Dance School, South Korea’s one of the most popular dance schools and met Miss A’s Min and the two formed a duo called Little Winners and performed dance routines at various places.
- In 2000, her mother brought her to the SM Entertainment auditions just because she wanted to meet the South Korean boy band H.O.T.
- She has learned dance from top choreographers such as Electric Boogaloos, Kim Hye-rang, Poppin Seen, Kwang Hoo (aka Crazy Monkey), Poppin DS, Kwon Seok-jin (aka Locking Khan) and Black Beat’s Shim Jae-won.
- In 2004, she went to Bejing to study Chinese.
- Before even making her official debut, she had already worked with famous artists such as Janet Jackson and BoA.
- In August 2007, she made her official debut with Girls’ Generation.
- In July 2015, she became 1st of the group to publish her first book in which she shares various tips about beauty, fashion, and lifestyle.
- In December 2016, she released her debut solo single titled Mystery.
- In June 2017, Hyoyeon released a new song titled Wannabe.
- In August 2018, Hyoyeon was revealed as a member of Girls’ Generation’s second sub-unit, Oh!GG.
- In August 2021, she teamed up with BIBI for a new single titled Second, which debuted at No. 17 position on the Billboard World Digital Songs chart.
- In May 2022, she released her first EP titled Deep.
- In August 2023, Hyoyeon released the music video for her new single titled Picture.
- Visit her official website @ hyoyeon.smtown.com.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Pabian / Tistory / CC BY-4.0