|Tracee Ellis Ross Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tracee Joy Silberstein
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tracee went to Riverdale Country School and The Dalton School in New York. She was also enrolled at the Institut Le Rosey in Switzerland.
For higher education, she went to the Brown University in Rhode Island from where she graduated in 1994 with a degree in theater.
She also took classes at the famed William Esper Acting Studio to hone her performance skills.
Actress, model, comedian, producer, television host
- Father – Robert Ellis Silberstein (Music Business Manager)
- Mother – Diana Ross (Motown Singer, Actress)
- Siblings – Evan Ross (Younger Half-Brother) (Actor and Musician), Rhonda Ross Kendrick (Half-Sister) (Actress), Ross Naess (Half-Brother) (Producer), Chudney Ross (Younger Sister) (Producer)
- Others – Arthur ‘T-Boy’ Ross (Uncle) (Singer), Fred Ross Sr. (Maternal Grandfather), Ernestine Lillian Moten (Maternal Grandmother), George Silberstein (Paternal Grandfather), Charlotte Lasky (Paternal Grandmother)
Tracee is represented by PMK*BNC.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tracee Ellis Ross has dated –
- Henry Simmons (2005) – Tracee was reported to be going out with actor Henry Simmons in 2005. They made a couple of public appearances including attending Hewlett-Packard sponsored fashion show for rape foundation.
- Chris Webber (2007) – Tracee Ellis was reported to be in a relationship with former basketball star Chris Webber in 2007. They went out for a couple of months before going separate ways.
- DeRay Davis (2014) – Tracee had a brief relationship with the actor and comedian DeRay Davis in 2014.
- Nas – Tracee had RUMORed to be hooked up with the rapper Nas for a brief period.
- Kanye West – The rapper Kanye West hooked up with Tracee before he started dating model Amber Rose. They had grown close while working on the music video for The New Workout Plan. They reportedly even had a threesome intercourse which also involved actress Nia Long. This had happened after they had got together for the shooting of song Touch the Sky.
- Bu Thiam (2011-2013) – Tracee Ellis started going out with Akon’s brother and Def Jam executive Bu Thiam in 2011. They dated for around two years before ending their relationship in an acrimonious way in 2013. It was reported that he was jealous of her still being hung up on Kanye West and he had even assaulted her in the fit of rage.
Race / Ethnicity
Tracee is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on father’s side, whereas, has African-American ancestry on mother’s side.
- Mole on the side of left eye
- Curly hair
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Best Known For
Being cast in the leading role of Joan Clayton in the comedy series, Girlfriends and as Dr. Rainbow Johnson in the comedy drama series, Black-ish.
In 1996, she first appeared in the role of Kiki in Far Harbor.
First TV Show
In 2000, Tracee was first seen in MTV sketch comedy series The Lyricist Lounge Show in the various roles.
Tracee works out regularly to keep her svelte figure in the best shape possible. However, she is not a fan of traditional workout routines as she believes such workouts have rigidity in a way it forces the body to conform to certain figure and shape.
Instead, she relies on the Gyrotonic workout to get her desired fitness results, which she started doing in 2000 after being introduced by actress Wendie Mallick. This workout focuses on rhythmic physical movements that are influenced by breathing patterns. It is considered as a mishmash of yoga, tai chi, gymnastics, and dancing.
Her typical diet plan is like –
- Breakfast – Cereal with almond milk.
- Lunch – Hard boiled eggs with quinoa and crushed Brazilian nuts with sautéed Zucchini
- Dinner – Broiled steak with olive oil and salad comprising of onions, apples, lemon and olive oil.
- Snack – To curb her hunger in between meals, she prefers avocado toast, apple with peanut butter or Boulder Canyon potato chips and olives.
Tracee Ellis Ross Favorite Things
- Hair Products – Kerastase mask conditioner, Moroccan oil, Avocado Oil
- Co-Stars – Marcia Gay Harden, Anthony Anderson, Natasha Lyonne
- Dessert – Strawberry mochi ice cream
- Acting Medium – Theater
- Animal – Giraffe
- Colors – Red, jewel tone, pink
- Lunch Meat – Salami
- Books – In Cold Blood (By Truman Capote), Secret History (By Donna Tartt)
- Writer – Dave Eggers
Source – Reddit
Tracee Ellis Ross Facts
- After graduating from college, she worked as an editor and fashion contributor for the leading magazine such as Mirabella and New Yorker.
- She has tried her hand at the motivational speaking circuit and has hosted a workshop called Tapping Into Your Creative Well.
- She has been an active supporter of the social service programs such as Aviva Family and Children Services in Los Angeles.
- For her social and volunteer work, she was declared the “Volunteer of the Year” by the Los Angeles Urban League.
- Tracee has worked as an activist with the Big Brother Big Sister program, which provides support and advice to the youth to reach their full potential.
- Tracee had hosted the 2018 American Music Awards (AMAs).
- During the 2020 People’s Choice Awards, she was honored with the ‘Fashion Icon of 2020’.
- Visit her official website @ traceeellisross.com.