|Kim Ji-woo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 20, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Ji-woo is a South Korean singer and rapper who is best known for being the former vocalist as well as the face of the South Korean girl group, Loona. With Loona, she had worked on a number of projects and the band had also successfully garnered a huge fan base on social media and enjoyed more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, more than a million subscribers on YouTube, more than 700k followers on Twitter, and more than 300k followers on Facebook.
Chungcheong, South Korea
Kim Ji-woo studied at Hanlim Multi Art School located in Seoul, South Korea and graduated from there in February 2018.
- Siblings – She has 2 younger brothers.
Kim Ji-woo was represented by Blockberry Creative.
She is represented by ATRP.
Blockberry Creative (Former)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Pouty lips
- Often sports forehead bangs
Kim Ji-woo Favorite Things
- Artists – Dean, MeloMance, Ariana Grande, Paul Kim
Kim Ji-woo Facts
- Previously, she auditioned for JYP Entertainment but did not get selected.
- She was also a part of FNC Academy.
- Kim Ji-woo has got artistic genes and her mother has been a classical singer.
- Her mother was skeptical of Chuu pursuing a musical career because she knew that singing was not an easy job. However, Chuu’s father has supported her from the start.
- It was in December 2017 that she was introduced officially as a Loona member with the release of the group’s 10th single album, Chuu. The album was released on December 28, 2017, and was placed at number #11 in the South Korea Gaon Weekly Album Chart and at number #55 in the South Korea Gaon Monthly Album Chart.
- Her Loona groupmates included HeeJin, Olivia Hye, Choerry, YeoJin, Kim Lip, JinSoul, ViVi, Yves, HyunJin, Go Won, and HaSeul.
- Kim Ji-woo hates the rainy season.
- She prefers skirts to pants.
- Kim Lip was also one of her fellow Hanlim Multi Art School students.
- She likes eating macaroons and mint chocolate.
- Kim Ji-woo enjoys eating shrimp sushi.
- She likes maintaining a diary.
- Her fans have often claimed that Chuu looks like Gugudan‘s Kang Mi-na and April‘s Lee Na-eun. Some fans have even said that she looks like the female version of singer, songwriter, and presenter, Lee Daehwi.
- She has credited Yves as her idol.
- Kim Ji-woo is good at aegyo.
- She enjoys taking selfies.
- Kim Ji-woo was also a member of the sub-unit called Loona yyxy alongside Yves, Olivia Hye, and Go Won. They released their first extended play, Beauty & the Beat, on May 30, 2018, via Blockberry Creative and it was placed at number #4 in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart and at number #6 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Loona had also won a number of awards which include the likes of Asia Artist Awards, MTV Europe Music Award, Korea First Brand Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, and MTN Ad Festival Award.
- In December 2021, it was revealed that Chuu had filed an injunction to suspend her contract with Blockberry Creative. In March 2022, she was granted a partial injunction.
- In November 2022, Blockberry Creative had announced that Chuu had been removed from the group and in February 2023, Blockberry Creative reportedly filed a petition to ban her from all Korean entertainment activities.
- In December 2022, Chuu filed a lawsuit against Blockberry Creative to confirm the invalidity of her exclusive contract on grounds like the collapse of trust and unfair profit settlement. In August 2023, it was revealed that she had won the lawsuit against the agency.
- In April 2023, it was revealed that Chuu had signed an exclusive contract with the new agency, ATRP.
- Chuu’s official fandom name is ‘KKOTI’, which means “home” in Finnish and signifies a flower garden. Also, her official light stick is named “KKUKA”.
Featured Image by Loona / Instagram