|Kim Soo-hyun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Soo-hyun is a well accomplished South Korean actor best known for his roles in movies such as Secretly, Greatly (2013) and Real (2017) and also television dramas Dream High (2011), My Love from the Star (2013), and The Producers (2015). He has also starred in other shows including Father’s House (2009) and Jungle Fish (2008). Kim Soo-hyun has made several appearances in different Korean drama series like Moon Embracing The Sun (2012), Giant (2010), Will It Snow For Christmas? (2009), and Kimchi Cheese Smile (2007). Kim Soo-hyun is a unique actor, his skills highly appreciated and commended with a variety of awards in his home country, South Korea.
Contrary to the expectations by many because of his good looks, Kim Soo-hyun was not as popular or sanguine in nature. Growing up, he was a shy, introverted child and his mother had to take the leap up faith, encouraging him to sign up for acting classes in order to overcome his shy nature. He began his career in 2007, taking a supporting role in Kimchi Cheese Smile, his quality performance landed him a subsequent lead role the next year in Jungle Fish, a KBS youth drama. After Kim Soo-hyun’s appearance in the highly rated drama series Dream High, he gained public attention and adoration and began his journey to becoming an A-list Asian actor. In 2016, he was listed in Forbes “30 Under 30 Asia 2016” list.
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Kim Soo-hyun graduated from Chung-Ang University.
- Father – Kim Chung-hoon (Singer)
- Siblings – Kim Ju-na (Sister) (Singer)
Kim Soo-hyun is managed by KeyEast Entertainment.
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
- Charming smile
- Tall average build
- Sophisticated dress sense
He has endorsed The Face Shop, a Chinese cosmetic company in 2015.
Best Known For
- His roles in My Love From Another Star and Dream High
- Being the Goodwill Ambassador of Seoul
Kim Soo-hyun made his theatrical film debut as Zampano (as Kim Soohyun) in The Thieves in 2012.
First TV Show
In 2007, Kim Soo-hyun made his first television show appearance on the MBC TV series Kimchi Cheese Smile.
Kim Soo-hyun Favorite Things
- Sport – Bowling and Badminton
- Actress – Gwyneth Paltrow
Source – People Magazine
Kim Soo-hyun Facts
- He kicked off his career early in his life when he was in high school.
- He has appeared in a variety of TV shows and movies such as Seven Years of Love (2009), Will It Snow for Christmas? (2009), Father’s House (2009), Giant (2010), amongst many others.
- In 2007, he starred in an Ending Scene music video, a song by the popular singer, IU.
- He has performed in musical theatre shows including A Midsummer Night’s Dream (2003), A Broken Heart, Man & Woman (2007), Grease (2009), and Hamlet (2009).
- Kim Soo-hyun’s popularity skyrocketed in 2011, so much so he was the face of up to 17 products, setting a new record in product endorsement.
- In 2016, he applied to be a professional bowler, placing 10th in his 1st tryout tournament.
- Kim Soo-hyun officially began his mandatory military service on October 23, 2017.
- Kim has been nominated for more than 60 awards in the course of his career until 2019 and has won up to 56 awards.
- Visit his official website @ soo-hyun.com.
Featured Image by Kim Soo-hyun / Instagram