|Dulquer Salmaan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1986|
Dulquer Salmaan is an Indian actor known for working mainly in the Malayalam film industry. He is considered to be one of the most prolific actors and has worked in the Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi film industry. Dulquer’s films have won him accolades for his performance like Charlie, Bangalore Days, Karwaan, ABCD: American-Born Confused Desi, and various others. His film Charlie won 8 Kerala State Film Awards and Dulquer also won the “Best Actor” award for the film. His 2016 Malayalam drama Jacobinte Swargarajyam that was directed by Sathyan Anthikad was very well received commercially and was considered to be one of his biggest hits in that year. He is also involved in social work just like his father. Dulquer is also a producer and has produced more than 3 films.
Kochi, Kerala, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
He completed his primary education from Toc-H Public School, Vyttila, Kochi and then went onto complete his secondary education from Sishya School in Chennai. He completed his graduation from Purdue University in Business Management.
Actor, Playback Singer, Businessman, Film Producer
- Father – Mammootty (Actor)
- Mother – Sulfath Kutty
- Siblings – Surumi (Older Sister)
- Others – Maqbool Salmaan (Cousin)
He is represented by Way Fare Films.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dulquer has dated –
- Amal Sufiya (2011-present) – Dulquer and Amal tied the knot in 2011 and they have a daughter together who was born in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Malayalam ancestry.
He has been a part of commercials like-
- Amstrad India
- Malabar Developers
- Pulkit TMT Bars
Dulquer Salmaan Favorite Things
- Actor – Rajinikanth, Shahrukh Khan
- Food – Rice and fish curry from an earthen vessel
- Car – Porsche
- Movies – Highway (2014)
- App – Instagram
Source – YouTube, Manorama, YouTube
Dulquer Salmaan Facts
- He had the interest to be a film director when he was young.
- He did a job in an IT company after graduating from college.
- Dulquer did a 3-month acting course from Barry John Acting Studio.
- He made his theatrical film debut in 2012 with the film Second Show.
- He was a part of the film called Bangalore Days which was the highest-grossing Malayalam film in 2014.
- Dulquer made his Bollywood debut with the film Karwaan in 2018.
- He has also been a part of a short film on “Road Safety Awareness” for Kerala Road Safety in the past.
- He is the director of Bangalore-based Motherhood Hospital.
- Dulquer was the only Malayalam actor to be featured in the list of”Most Desirable Men” in 2014.
- He is also a playback singer.
- His film O Kadhal Kanmani was made into a remade by Bollywood titled Ok Jaanu.
- Before joining the film business, he owned a web portal for trading cars.
- He is actively involved in communal services and also believes in charity.
- At the beginning of his career, he rejected a lot of movies because he felt he wasn’t yet prepared.
- He received the “Best Debut Male” award for his film Second Show in 2013.
- Dulquer was ranked 4th by GQ in the list of “50 Most Influential Young Indians of 2016”.
- He was the first actor from Kerala to feature on the cover of a Vogue magazine in 2019.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0